Seriously orange - Easyjet's 200th Airbus

Although I usually have four or five builds on the go at any one time I tend to finish them in pairs. When I posted my Court Line Tristar in RFI I mentioned that it had been finished in parallel with an overall orange Easyjet A320. I would have posted both models at the same time but after I’d applied the decals on the A320 I noticed a problem which needed some attention and a bit of careful re-finishing. Fortunately that worked out OK and here is the result. The kit is Revell (actually an old model which I stripped and re-finished) and decals are by 26.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

SAM_0008_zpsb290thme.jpg

SAM_0010_zpskq89uyr7.jpg

SAM_0011_zps40upi5w3.jpg

SAM_0012_zpsugwsyl3l.jpg

... and the two together B)

SAM_0023_zps94mtgrub.jpg

Edited by Skodadriver
  • Like 27

Another very nice model. That's on my list (long list) of schemes to do. Not sure about their new colours, but since I've just ordered Draw Decals set for that one, there must be something about it I like. I wonder if they'll keep the 200th in its special scheme or repaint it?

Love that TriStar too...

Jeff

• Like 1

Seriously orange is a bit of an understatement here I think. :) Your builds are always flawlessly executed Dave, and this is no exception. Nicely done.

I am also starting a bit of stripping and re doing - have you any secrets for keeping all the 'bumps and lumps' intact while doing so?

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Very nice and clean model indeed. Lovely finish!

That orange paint job reminds me of local South African low cost airline - Mango. Still on my to do list along with the green monster Kulula.

• Like 1

I am also starting a bit of stripping and re doing - have you any secrets for keeping all the 'bumps and lumps' intact while doing so?

Cheers,

Mike

Not really - I tend to use a combination of brute force and skulduggery!

Refurbishing an old model can sometimes be more work than building a new one although Scale Aircraft Conversions metal undercarriage sets make broken undercarriage parts much less of a problem. I remove everything which can be removed before applying paint stripper usually Fairy Powerspray followed by Biostrip which is very good for removing Halfords primer. Once the paint is off I'll try to get the model as close to new as possible which tends to mean checking and re-finishing the seams, getting any stubborn paint out of the panel lines and so on before applying the new livery. I have discontinued a couple of refurbishments where the amount of work has become excessive but usually it's quite straightforward.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I missed this too, must have been when I was on holiday.

Which orange did you use? Is it the Xtracolor?

I intend doing one of my Zvezda 320's in the classic easyjet scheme and need a good colour match.

What do we have to look forward to next?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Dave,

I missed this too, must have been when I was on holiday.

Which orange did you use? Is it the Xtracolor?

I intend doing one of my Zvezda 320's in the classic easyjet scheme and need a good colour match.

What do we have to look forward to next?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian

Sorry I've been slow to reply - just back from holiday courtesy of Easyjet (of course) although on a rather more conventional A319.

Yes I used Xtracolor X324 which looks pretty much like the real thing to my eyes. If you don't already have a set of Ray's decals I suggest you grab one now before they sell out. They're the only A319/320 decals I've seen which are anywhere near the correct colour. Drawdecal's set is unusable.

Next one up? Hopefully a tennis-playing A319 will emerge in the next month or so. Watch this space...

Dave