Hawker Sea Fury - Trumpeter 1/48

plane%20540_zpsx4fyb8vb.jpg

Just finished this one! Trumpeters 1/48 Sea Fury. Bit of Aftermarket as I used the Barracuda drop tanks to replace the wrong ones in the box, they're far too big otherwise.

plane%20519_zps3w8i7w2c.jpg

I chopped the rockets off the rails and just had the empty rails as I prefered the look.

plane%20524_zps9juad1yu.jpg

Not very keen on the kit wheels but I'm not keen on the alternatives. Barracuda may be making some 30" wheels for this at some point so if they appear I'll replace the kit parts.

plane%20530_zpsvtmnuduk.jpg

I keep the weathering light, as to what I could see on a photo of an operational plane in Korea.

plane%20534_zpsdxqi1qaf.jpg

plane%20535_zpsjzjh8dbq.jpg

The kit wheel well is very bare so I added some lead lines and random detail from bits in the spares box. Totally fictional but I think it adds a lot. I also darkened the green up slightly to give some contrast/depth.

plane%20539_zpsanz483sw.jpg

Paint was Humbrol 123 for the EDSG and Mr Hobby Sky for the Sky mixed with some white to remove the overall green edge I felt. General stuff was all Tamiya.

• Like 31

Very nice indeed!

Did you use an aftermarket cockpit? ISTR comments it was far too shallow when the kit was released.

Doesn't alter the effect, though

Very nice indeed!

Did you use an aftermarket cockpit? ISTR comments it was far too shallow when the kit was released.

Doesn't alter the effect, though

Nah, didn't see the point. I normally put my canopies closed and with it being all black, there isn't really anything to gauge depth with.

That's a great Sea Fury!

I read somewhere that the closely cowled radial was, er… inspired by the Fw 190. IMHO, the Fury II/Sea Fury is the second most beautiful warplane ever designed (the Spit Mk XIX being the obvious No 1) and you've done it ample justice.

Very impressive modelling. I hope that Roy will come up with those wheels!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Beautiful build,I agree with Joachim,s sentiment,s this and the Tempest radial engined model were the most beautiful of their type,great job!

• Like 1