DeHavilland Mosquito FB.VI

Hi folks, at long last here is the Tamiya 1/48 Mossie, a lovely kit built entirely OOB, even using the decal seatbelts. Paints used were Tamiya acrylics and Alclad, finished off with Humbrol matt varnish from the aerosol can.

Hope you like it...

mossief1.jpg

Flyaround shots:

mossief16.jpg

mossief17.jpg

mossief18.jpg

mossief20.jpg

Then some walkaround shots:

mossief10.jpg

mossief2.jpg

mossief4.jpg

mossief5.jpg

mossief6.jpg

mossief7.jpg

mossief8.jpg

mossief9.jpg

Underside

mossief13.jpg

A few detail shots:

mossief11.jpg

mossief14.jpg

mossief19.jpg

mossie44.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

Thanks for the comments chaps! To answer some of your questions:

Jon, the Tamiya painting guide shows the colour scheme I've used...researching it further there was a photo of this actual airframe in flight, which clearly shows this scheme on it, too. The fuselage demarcation line is a little lower and rougher than I've done it, but by the time I saw the photo it was too late to change it.

Andy, I didn't flatten the tyres because I'm hoping to stand this on a grass airfield base soon, and the bottom of the tyres will be hidden in the grass and behind chocks...

Cheers,

Dean

Thanks for the comments chaps! To answer some of your questions:

Jon, the Tamiya painting guide shows the colour scheme I've used...researching it further there was a photo of this actual airframe in flight, which clearly shows this scheme on it, too. The fuselage demarcation line is a little lower and rougher than I've done it, but by the time I saw the photo it was too late to change it.

Andy, I didn't flatten the tyres because I'm hoping to stand this on a grass airfield base soon, and the bottom of the tyres will be hidden in the grass and behind chocks...

Cheers,

Dean

Hi Dean - sorry didn't want to come across as obby. If thats the gen, Well thats good enough for me. I'd be intrigued to know why this scheme was on this airframe though.

Doesnt detract from your fantastic model anyway. Did I say Well Done!, and Hope you are proud of her? before? NO - I damn well should of.

Cheers

Jonners