Buccaneers and Phantoms trap on Ark. . .

Guest Drewe

Wow, thanks for posting that link.

Sends such a tingle down my spine, watching that :D

Was also good to see the encouragement they got, even after several attempts.

Off to watch it again now :)

Jimbo

Guess who started his working life working for Brown Brothers in Edinburgh-----who manufactured and fitted the shuttle gear, in 1966??

Go on, guess :evil_laugh:

and not only that, but my dad was one of the guys who put in all the DA2 arrester gear system when Ark had her "Phantomization" refit here in Devonport..we still have some of the pictures as well!!

steve

Brilliant stuff - thanks for sharing!

What do you suppose the date of this footage is? I can narrow it down to 73-76 based on markings on the a/c but perhaps someone has a better idea?

How much closer to slim than none do you guys suppose our chances of getting a 1/350 kit of the Ark in this fit would be - that would be something now wouldn't it?

Brilliant stuff - thanks for sharing!

What do you suppose the date of this footage is? I can narrow it down to 73-76 based on markings on the a/c but perhaps someone has a better idea?

How much closer to slim than none do you guys suppose our chances of getting a 1/350 kit of the Ark in this fit would be - that would be something now wouldn't it?

1976. It was a part of TV show on the BBC called 'Sailor' (as alluded to above) about life on Ark Royal. Rod Stewarts 'Sailing' was the theme music.

Sailor at Amazon

Edited by Tigerausfb

Was this ever released on DVD?

And thanks for posting, one of the best clips I've ever seen on the web. Never saw the series on TV... Wanna see more!

Cheers,

Roy

Edited by roym

Great stuff Drewe! :thumbsup: I thought I'd seen Sailor back in 76 but I don't remember that clip, must have missed some eps. So sad that the government threw all that capability away.

Paul Harrison :poppy:

Edited by GreenDragon

Fan-bloody-tastic!!! Proper jets and a proper carrier too! Brilliant find.

Does anyone remember a series shown on the Beeb in the late 80's I think about the Empire Test Pilots School? I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.

Eng

Fan-bloody-tastic!!! Proper jets and a proper carrier too! Brilliant find.

Does anyone remember a series shown on the Beeb in the late 80's I think about the Empire Test Pilots School? I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.

Eng

Eng, it was called....wait for it........... 'Test Pilot' :)

Andy