What should Xtrakit cover next?

PaulR

Hi all,

I've recently just got my Xtrakit Scimitar, and got to musing about their possible next releases. My first thought would be a good Buccaneer, but then I spotted my Warpaint monograph on the Gloster Javelin. Having tried and failed to get a copy of the OOP Airfix kit, I wonder if there isn't a gap in the market here? Nice big kit, several different marks, some nice unit markings and squadrons - and it would go just perfectly in my 'RAF air defence' line up in 1/72nd!

What would other people want to see?

Regards,

Paul

P.S. do any of the people that run Xtrakit read these forums? Would be interested to know!

Any of the previously mentioned would suit me.

How about some prototype/research aircraft stuff along the lines of the Fairey Delta 2 or Avro 707.

Judging by the amount of TSR 2`s Airfix have shifted the interest for this sort of thing must be there. I know many of these have been covered in resin,but the price puts me off.

Keeping with the naval theme, a nice new Attacker would float my boat ^_^

That said, I certainly wouldn't be too disappointed with any of the above suggestions, paricularly the Swift. Hard not to love those Supermarine jets :wub:

To be brutally honest I'd rather they stayed well clear of anything I'd like to see done decently, and left the field clear for a manufacturer that cares more about getting it right. Would be a crying shame if the only other chance for one of the many 'most-wanted' British types gets blown on something that isn't the right shape and needs to be glued together with swear words.

So, on that basis, an F-16 please.

Supermarine Swift is a good choice, but a decent early goldfish bowl canberra in 1/72 with a range of the myriad nose jobs carried by these British classics

. . . Kes

I almost see a poll coming along here?

You could break it down into something like,

1/ Post WWII RAF Jets

2/ Post WWII RN Jets

3/ Post WWII Experimental/Test A/C

Depending on the amount of 'votes under each section might give David a better idea of what is really wanted rather than wish lists?

Mods how about it?

Adrian

Oh for me on the above

1. Hunter 2 Seat T7/8

2. Supermarine Attacker

3. Miles M2 (one that was scrapped but the detail allowed Chuck Yeager to break the Sound Barrier 1st)

Bugger that. Poxy parafin burners! I want the Spitfires & Seafires Xtrakit have promised first. I just hope that the F21 isn't the Aeroteam tooling. It's not a bad kit but the wing is a bit on the thick side.

Failing that, a repop of the Matchbox Tempest (and Revell will run them off, they did it with the Meteor NFs) with Xtradecals new sheet. Mind, I wouldn't say no to an Attacker as we could do with a new injection one. How old is the Frog tooling?

And one final point - where's the Xtrakit boxing of the Meteor F4?

Buccaneer, definitely. Provost, maybe? Folland Gnat?

And how about some Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 kits? Getting a bit tired of trying to get hold of the "Limited Edition" nonsense kits, especially with something so obviously popular as Brit Phantoms. Don't always have the cash available when they are... :angrysoapbox.sml:

Attacker, AEW Gannet & Swift (in that order) would definitely rock my boat!

Then perhaps a Seafang and later mark Firebrand. :)

Some early PR Spitfire variants

Havoc Intruders and Turbinlites (yes, I know about the High Planes ones, might, just might, get one finished "real soon now")

RAF Trainers - Prentice, Balliol, Athena, Provost, early JP, Anson, Varsity, Oxford etc.....

Some of the Century series are unavailable/need updating e.g. RF-101C, F-102, F-106

That would keep me busy for a while,

Ross

If we're stuck with 1/72, my vote goes to a decent range of Shackletons, plus a Halifax and a Stirling (and a Lincoln, why not?) to the current Revell / Hasegawa standard instead of that manky old pony from Airfix. We are dreaming, after all...

Apart from post war British jets, I wonder if they would consider dabbling in other neglected areas modelling? British Naval aircraft from between the wars, f'rinstance?

Model Alliance must have felt there was sufficient interest to produce a book on the subject, and the struggled to find kits for the accompanying decal sheets that weren't from the early WWII period.

Put me down for a couple of Fairey IIIF's and a Baffin Mr H...

To be brutally honest I'd rather they stayed well clear of anything I'd like to see done decently, and left the field clear for a manufacturer that cares more about getting it right. Would be a crying shame if the only other chance for one of the many 'most-wanted' British types gets blown on something that isn't the right shape and needs to be glued together with swear words.

So, on that basis, an F-16 please.

Xtrakits are the wrong scale for me so I've never even opened the box on one but from what I have HEARD about their kits, I'd have to agree with you. Where I would take issue with you is the F16 idea. The world needs another F16 kit like I need another hole up my @rse! :winkgrin:

A repop of the Matchbox Piston Provost with new decals? Maybe Xtrakit could consider a budget range? There's a fair few of those Matchbox biplanes that haven't seen the light of day for a long time and they were highly regarded. How much is the Pavla Gladiator? £15? They could recoup their costs in no time with a repop of the Matchbox one.

A Lincoln would be a good idea, as I don't believe there's ever been an injection full kit.

Obi-Jiff i am at one with you on tHAT one !! :yahoo::heart::clap2::cheers::worthy:

LINCOLN, LINCOLN, LINCOLN, LINCOLN.....Pleeeeease,pretty PLEEASE,Xtrakit....!! :frantic::pray:

"Feel the Force,young Padawn,feel it....."

(Do that subject,& maybe i will thoroughly debase myself,in front of everyone @ Hannants....!!) :analintruder::winkgrin:

The reason being,my late,Father served,as an LAC-2,on them,from '47,to '52,(Binbrook Wing),so obviously a subject dear to my heart.....

C'mon Hannants,what ARE you chappies waiting for ??

Cheers,Baz.

Edited by Bazza

my suggestion would be for a Supermarine Attacker (fits in with the period of their other classic British stuff as well as the Scimitar) and hopefully (please please please!) a Bolton Paul Balliol or even a DH. Chipmunk :speak_cool:

cheers, Joe