Jump to content


Gold Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About rossm

  • Birthday 11/01/1956

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Delightful Devon
  • Interests
    RAF & civil aircraft in Devon/Cornwall/Norfolk

Recent Profile Visitors

4,854 profile views

rossm's Achievements

Very Obsessed Member

Very Obsessed Member (5/9)



  1. Give me a few days to search the likely places.....................................in the meantime you might just be able to consume enough alcohol to be up to tackling a Merlin kit
  2. For the racers you can search for photos of well known pilots - Edgar Percival, Alex Henshaw, Arthur Clouston etc...... Percival famously always wore his hat, I think the others had overalls and I'd have to re-read their books to check on parachutes. I don't know if they flew high enough for one to be much use? All the pilots were individuals so I don't think you'll find a generic "uniform".
  3. It's a future release but there's this https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ARACA7311
  4. The Revell 2 seater was the old Frog kit, I think Revell may have reissued the Dragon single seater as well.
  5. I know it's been a long time but I just found that decal sheet if you still need the info.
  6. Mine go in the loft and only come out if they fit a display my club is putting on.
  7. @Corsairfoxfouruncle Are you going to try to create a list of who's doing what to see if we can cover all marks including prototypes like the Trent Meteor and prone pilot one? I'm assuming covering all operators might be a big ask for tracking as well as building. Having just made it over the line in the Matchbox 50th Anniversary GB I'm starting to get excited about this one. I've loads of Meteor kits so if my proposed F(TT)8 is duplicated by someone else I could probably build a variant that's not otherwise being covered.
  8. My HMS Duke of York snuck in a couple of hours before the deadline if you want to change the status to complete please. Thanks for all your work on this GB.
  9. Thanks, Pat @JOCKNEY for getting the two week extension and to you and @Rabbit Leader for running the GB, HMS Duke of York just steamed past the finishing post.
  10. PK352 HMS Duke of York straight from the box. Build thread https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235107082-pk-352-hms-duke-of-york/
  11. The fiddly bits are done and it's going in the gallery ASAP. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235104470-matchbox-50th-anniversary-gallery/&do=findComment&comment=4430728 A few notes............ 1) My first warship since the days when I used to pull the bits off the sprue and tube cement them together 2) Straight from the box, just a few horizontal join lines on the superstructure filled. It would have been good to have some impression of the bridge windows but nothing is provided. 3) A colour scheme from late 1941 rather than the camo worn during fitting out shown on the box, wood decks Tamiya XF-55 Deck Tan, main colour Tamiya XF-75, metal decks XF-24, both greys probably a bit light to be exact matches but chosen for scale effect. 4) Helpful to have some reference photos as the instructions are a bit vague about placement of some parts
  12. Finally all the deck detail is painted, funnels are on and it's starting to look like a ship...........
  13. And thank you @JOCKNEY for getting us a two week extension, as you can see it is definitely needed but completion is coming closer.........
  14. More has been done, going slowly cos I don't know what I'm doing with ships, will update Friday.
  • Create New...