Sea Gladiator - 802 NAS - HMS Glorious 1/32 ICM

Throwing my hat into the ring to join in with the recent 1/32 Gladdie posts.

This is the Sea Gladiator version from ICM. As has been said already by MODeller and pacificmustang, on their lovely builds, it's a great kit to build.

I used AIMS decals to create an aircraft of 802NAS aboard HMS Glorious. Paint is Tamiya Gloss Aluminium with Mr Hobby GX113 Matt to finish. I added etch seat belts and brake hoses. Exhaust and guns were drilled out as well. I was particularly happy with the finish on the collector ring. The heat staining happened by accident. I hadn't noticed a tiny drop of glue on my finger as I was holding the engine/cowl to attach it. On inspection of the damage to the paint, I thought how it looked like localised heat staining. I went on to replicate the 'damage' using the same method, until I thought my luck may run out! Not sure if I would try it again though, sort of got carried away in the moment. 🤭

Rigging (which I actually enjoy, at least in 1/32) is Prym Knitting in elastic. The friction pads are discs of thin card punched out and painted leather colour.

Really itching to do an RAF version now.

Atb, Steve.

p?i=ee659d9b1173818ea02570a73b422dfa

p?i=273a02ced9f5302f170d61d87873fe3a

p?i=f85a137721ea3dc0b2dc11f5badc855b

p?i=c26735304932d441b81a8824bac2fc6e

• Like 65
  • Thanks 3

I've been wondering about how it would look in silver and you have answered that one fantastic! Looks like the wallet will have to be forced open not just for another kit but decals as well! Excellent stuff!

• Thanks 1

Okay, someone saying they like rigging is like someone saying they love to mask greenhouse canopies.  Both are the least desirable tasks in model building for me at least.  Combine the rigging with the metal finish and two difficult tasks were done just wonderfully by you on this kit.  Another great looking Gladiator, but so different looking that the others that have appeared here recently.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgeusa said:

love to mask greenhouse canopies.

If it's any consolation, I do hate masking 😊

It had to be the Sea Gladiator for me. Nothing wrong with the Royal Air Force but, if it flies or gets launched off a ship, it really floats my boat 🤣

Thanks for the kind words George.

Atb, Steve.

• Like 1

Yes that’s it! Another beautiful Gladdie, but this time in my absolute favorite painting sceme. It looks soooo good. I also used the Prym Knitting elastic for my Stearman. I think it’s quite realistic because it’s flat. And easy to handle. May I ask where you buyer the decals? Don’t know if they were available here in Germany. 
Thank you very very much for sharing this beautiful model

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Wow! That is s stunner ... good work! 👌 

It looks 'right' in silver too ... 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

May I ask where you buyer the decals?

Thanks Andy, much appreciated. The decals are from AIMS and they were purchased from Hannants in the UK. I just checked and they are showing 1 sheet in stock at the moment.

Atb, Steve.

• Like 1

YES!!!! I really like unique subjects like this and completed to the highest degree of accuracy!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1