1/32 Gloster Gladiator 247 Sqn August 1940

Hi All, Here is my effort on the ICM kit but Revell boxing of the Gloster Gladiator an absolute joy to put together even if the instructions would have you put the lower instrument panel on the rear bulkhead! Only aftermarket used is the seat belts although a decal is supplied in the boxing. I have rigged this one in "stretchy beading thread" bought of off ebay and very cheap compared to the "modelling" alternatives. The lower upper wing had the holes drilled and the treads were super glued into them and left to fully harden . The inner fuselage strut holes were drilled right through the top mainplane and those wires glued into the fuselage. The lower wing holes were drilled right through and once the upper wing was attached I pulled the wires through, tensioned them and held in position with tape. when all were secured I then glued each wire to the  wing and trimmed the excess off. I found this method worked very well using this 0.4 mm beading thread. paints used were from Mr Hobby Aqueous , Revell Aqua and Tamiya acrylics first time I've used the Pledge alternative to Klear as a decal setting solution and found it works fine but is not so aggressive to the decals as Klear. I can fully recommend this ICM kit only downside I missed getting another for £25 in the Jadlam spring sale they are now out of stock!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like I need to trim that aerial wire! MODeller

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

This looks terrific Modeller.
I far prefer your rigging method to mine. Sounds a lot easier!  Nice clear photos too 

Bruce 

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Thanks 1

That's a rather nice model Gladiator you have created there - well done!

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

All of sudden we are blessed with a great array of Gladiator builds of the ICM/Revell kit.  All of them have been superb builds and finishes, including this one.  I really appreciate you detailing how you do the rigging as it is a method I have never used, but looks less challenging to do.  Thanks for sharing the build and the tips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems to be Gladiator time! Also turns extremely nice and makes me envious. Got 1/32 and one 1/48 scale in the stash……unpacked 😕

Thx for sharing and turning on my mojo

Andy 

Edited by Andy Dyck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1