1970 Dodge Charger - Street Machine

I built this from the Revell F&F boxing 'Dom's Charger'.

I must admit to only having seen the first film in the F&F series..... It's really not my thing 🙂 although, I do love some of the cars!

The kit parts do not include a rear seat, luckily one was donated by a fellow modeller through FB. I did some detailing in the engine bay, spent quite a bit of time thinning the supercharger drive belt down to a more appropriate thickness. Wheels were swapped out for Pegasus T's in the big 'n' little style. 

If you look carefully, you can just make out the ignition key in the steering column!

Paint is Mr Hobby GX Deep Clear Red over their gold base, followed by several coats of GX112 UV cut gloss clear. The front grille part had damaged chrome so I elected to strip the kit chrome and use Molotow through my airbrush.

p?i=905adde7b65f80de10fb4b1d52396087

p?i=7946d1be8ecfa8e1a63788b262471b7b

p?i=4fef11c3091ad08596c39a44854a8c7f

p?i=d1283377e02d450a84de7c9aa87b001b

p?i=77d7501fde434df8978f1044cc2ec16b

p?i=effe0891ee5ef71d174ca7b7ba24e55a

p?i=3c99b8b8af2c77abc167dc314e6c194e

• Like 27

9 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

great stance. Love the wheels too. 

Thanks Pete. I was worried about the stance looking odd as the rear wheels are as far up in the arches as they will go. I was considering modding the arches in the early stage of the build. However, the mock up looked ok so I went with it. 

The fronts are 19" and the rears are 23". I did mock it up with 19"s all round but it just didn't look right.

Atb, Steve.

• Like 1

• triumphfan changed the title to 1970 Dodge Charger - Street Machine
9 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Great streetmachine 

Congratulations 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco. I just edited the title as, your description, street machine suits better than street rod 😉

Atb, Steve.

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Very much looks like somebody's pride and joy at a car show.

Thanks, I do strive for the show car look.

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I love the interior and especially the gear stick!

Revell did a great job on the pistol grip shifter, I had to try my best to paint the details in 🙂

Atb, Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Y'know, the more I look at this car the more there is to admire - the deep paint finish, sumptuous interior and exquisitely detailed engine bay in particular.  The precision and standard of finish achieved make it a really stand-out model.  This is one to be truly proud of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Neddy said:

This is one to be truly proud of.

Thanks Neddy, much appreciated. I think the build really took a turn when that rear seat was donated. Just goes to show the strength of our community, whether it's sites like this or social media.

Atb, Steve.

Amazing result! The color is fantastic and love the combi with the white interior. I think I saw another car not too long ago here that had a similar colorscheme which was also looking as a great combo. The engine bay looks really impressive with all the details you've added. Cool!

On 3/1/2024 at 7:16 AM, Davi said:

I think I saw another car not too long ago here that had a similar colorscheme

Thanks Davi, much appreciated.

I did a similar colour combo with my 65 Mustang, so it might have been that build maybe.

Atb, Steve.

Very nice! 

Great colour, great wheels and a great big engine ..... what's not to like? 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1