Site slooooow!

Anyone else having problems with the site being very slow this morning? It took more than twenty seconds for the site to load initially, and then each page I've clicked on has been equally slow to load, plus I've had "This site cannot be reached" three time whilst doing so.

John.

PS. And loading this thread also took eons, and ditto for each "like" that I've left on others topics.

• Like 1

Patchy performance here - some posts opening instantly (as usual) others with a loooong delay, or site not responding. Accessing via fast fibre from South of England. Other sites working as usual.

Cheers

Colin

I’ve just seen this, and the site's fine on my phone right now, which is on my Wi-Fi of course. Is it better for everyone else that was affected now too? 

incidentally, I came into this section by navigating the forum, and saw the massive size of the red text that tells people that this is for site issues only. How on earth do people manage to miss that?????

Probably just some transitory gripe on the wider internet or a router closer to the box. No real way of telling, tbh, as no alerts were triggered on the server. :shrug:

Been slow for the last few mornings (7.30 - 8 am) but then seems to improve as the day goes on. 

However, the site was so slow this morning that "failure to respond" messages were returned by the browser (Vivaldi) checked the same page in Firefox with a similar lack of response. 

Other site on different tabs within the browser were responding as normal.

My connection is via high speed fibre. 

Yesterday, I attempted to post an image link to flikr - this did not display the image and still just shows the link, this was during yesterdays "slow period".......

Currently, the site appears to be responding at normal speeds.

Seems that this is intermittent. When I first opened up BM at around 07.30 CET, everything was working OK. Just now though, and the water in the pond for the wheel appears to have dried up again.

John.

12.15 CET, slow again. It's taking about 20 seconds to load each page, or for a "like etc" to load. Oh and to add insult to injury, the first thing that I got when I opened BM up was a 500. How nice.

John.

Was fine earlier today (26/08/23) but then seems to have slowed down.

The site isn't getting another ddos attack is it? Seems odd to slow down, speed up, slow down etc and to such a large extent.