Site slooooow!

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd do the usual clearing of caches on your browser, and if you're confident enough to do so, reboot your router if you're accessing the site from home.  I suspect you've got some issues at your end, as no-one else is affected that we know of.  I'm finding the site to be really fast since we installed the new attack mitigation features, as that's supposed to be one of the side-effects of using it. 

If you're unaware of how to clear your cache, you could either google it for your browser, or ask below and if you're not using Firefox, someone else will probably turn up to help you out :) TBH, I've not cleared my caches for ages, so I'd have to root about for it myself :lol:

Thanks Mike, I had not thought about rebooting the router, will give test a go and try the cache clearance, interestingly since posting, it has sped up🙄

Thanjs

Chris

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd do the usual clearing of caches on your browser, and if you're confident enough to do so, reboot your router if you're accessing the site from home.  I suspect you've got some issues at your end, as no-one else is affected that we know of.  I'm finding the site to be really fast since we installed the new attack mitigation features, as that's supposed to be one of the side-effects of using it. 

That makes sense.   I'm having problems with BM and Dropbox on Firefox (even though I'm thinking in Russian...)   The problems go away when I use Edge (which I really don't like doing).

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

had not thought about rebooting the router,

It does sometimes happen that a router can get its knickers in a knot without crashing completely.  Same with PCs and even phones.  When I first got my current phone, the radio unit in it would occasionally crash, leaving the rest of the phone functional, but incapable of connecting to anything.  It stopped happening with successive updates though, so I'm guessing it was an Apple problem, rather than hardware.  Who knew that Apple stuff doesn't sometimes "just work"? :lol:

1 minute ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Is that a rhetorical question?  :bleh: 

It was a little superfluous TBH. :shrug: :wicked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you're unaware of how to clear your cache, you could either google it for your browser, or ask below and if you're not using Firefox, someone else will probably turn up to help you out

Most browsers (on Windows and Linux) these days use the same hotkey combination of CTRL-SHIFT-DELETE to open the dialog box to clear cachs/cookies/other data

HTH

/P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Mike been trying to access the site via mobile browser and via desktop browser, seems to be painfully slow this evening (Sunday 05/11/2023) 30-40 seconds + per page click. Is the site under another DDOS attack or have the service hosts forgotten to pay the electric bill again?

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

@Mike been trying to access the site via mobile browser and via desktop browser, seems to be painfully slow this evening (Sunday 05/11/2023) 30-40 seconds + per page click. Is the site under another DDOS attack or have the service hosts forgotten to pay the electric bill again?

It's OK over here in The Netherlands

Never had a "slow" problem, guess I'm outside of UK peak hours (so is 4 Canada).

Sometimes I've got an error page, when right clicking to load another topic, while reading the first one.

Re-clicking on that topic starts OK.

Maybe "slow site" is trying to tell you to relax a bit? 😄

Zig

• Like 1