Spot of the day - Part 7

keefr22

18 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

forlorn 205

That doesn't look too bad tbh, excepting the missing front end bits - the sills look sound as does the exposed front panel. Maybe a good basis for a rally car buid and could be worth a bit, seeing the prices prepared 205's go for now!!

Keith

• Like 3

BSA A65 Lightning, quite a surprise!

It had the angular tank and tank badge from the A65 Lightning Scrambler, not correct for the bike but it looked good.

Nice to see it on the road.

• Like 4

On the M4 on Sunday on the way up to Hampshire a long time no see - red Mitsubishi FTO. Then a mustard yellow rubber bumper MGB  GT. In and around  Four Marks, bright yellow TR6 and a red Corvette C4 convertible. Seems like shades of yellow and red were the colours of the weekend! :)

Keith

• Like 4

Four Marks bathed in sunshine today, so really set off a lovely white TR7. Then a gleaming black 1930's something - might have been a Lanchester, but not my era.

Spotted those on the way to the Watercress Line at Ropley to see the most impressive machine of the day, Battle of Britain class light pacific 'Manston' on loan from the Swanage Railway - just magnificent! 

Keith

• Like 4

On 2/10/2024 at 2:48 PM, fatfingers said:

A rather scruffy looking Reliant Kitten in a colour that can only be described as turd brown!

Regards,

Steve

Two of these active on UK roads this weekend.  Weirdly I saw a white Reliant Kitten in Stockbridge yesterday.  Seemed to be in use as a mobile shed rather than restoration.  I couldn’t believe how small it seemed (less than a classic Mini?) or when I might have last seen one.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2024 at 4:55 PM, Toftdale said:

An Intercity 125, not what you expected to see on the A11

p?i=8c28866f99756ed0141a13b38de6a63b

I bet it was full of passengers still waiting since last week, as no trains run now on a regular basis!

• Haha 4

On 2/17/2024 at 8:24 AM, Farmer matt said:

On the damp and foggy A217 this morning, this impressive Peterbilt wrecker.

wrecker1 wrecker2

Matt

I'd love to see one of those beauties over here,they'd have to close the road just for a breakdown recovery....

• Like 2

Last Friday I went to Jakarta again for both company profile photo session and coordination meeting... which unfortunately did not end up well in my team's part. So it was overall a rather rancid Friday that left an extremely bitter taste for me in particular.

TYAS-1671.jpg

However, the next day my friend brought out his recently recommissioned Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M, and he offered me to jump in for a casual drive. I know money won't buy you happiness, but a short spin around with what is arguably one of Ferrari's best modern analog supercar does make my day that little bit brighter after a night of both cough and thought of ending my own life. That F1 gearbox is just unreal, modern DCT may be just as fast (or slightly faster) but this old-style robotised manual in its final days is just ungodly, it's brutal yet so rapid I was left breathless. And the induction bark is just something else.

TYAS-1731.jpg

An Arctic Grey 992 GT3. This is a new colour introduced with Cayenne Turbo GT and Cayman GT4 RS, and I started to take a liking for it, has a lot of blue despite it being a grey.

TYAS-1901.jpg

Went to Jakarta's northwest coast the next day for something unexpected, but GT3 RS in Grey Black first

TYAS-1906.jpg

Huracan EVO Spyder in Verde Citrea looking positively vibrant

TYAS-1938.jpg

This Grigio Hati Huracan STO casually rips through the cobbled road using every single one of its 8750rpm engine revs.

TYAS-1932.jpg

New RS6 Avant in Panther Black, but the owner of this car also brought something else...

TYAS-1880.jpg

... Not this FL5 Civic Type R, though. It's the one on the right bottom corner.

TYAS-1791.jpg

A unicorn. An Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake in a rather resplendent shade of Lava Red. This is car no. 3 out of 99 Zagato Vanquish Shooting Brakes that was built by Zagato from 2017 to 2019, it formed a quartet of Vanquish Zagato that also includes coupe, typical open-top Volante and a rather unusual Speedster with raked windscreen, no roof and rear buttresses. But of all 4 Zagato Vanquish, the Shooting Brake is the most peculiar for it does not use Vanquish Series II chassis but instead uses Rapide S chassis (which is a lengthened chassis from DB9... and Vanquish Series II). This is very unusual since Rapide is a 4-door car, so both Aston and Zagato must repurpose that chassis for a coupe-ish bodystyle. Whatever it was that they did, they did it very well indeed. It is a stunner, this car.

TYAS-1968.jpg

Before going back home to Bandung and to the comfort of my family, I returned to South Jakarta and found this. A Dodge Challenger R/T 'Swinger', one of the 'Last-Call' edition Challengers designed to celebrate the final year of Brampton's beloved pony car. Whilst it received body and suspension of the SRT Hellcat, The Swinger is based from the 'humdrum' SRT Challenger 6.4 Scat Pack. So 480hp instead of 697hp, plus a shaker hood.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

@Vince1159 that would be oversize for both length and width over there I imagine?

Matt

Definately but it'd be worth it to see the look on Condors staff's faces getting it off the ferry...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No photo, but a very nice looking, and surprisingly almost unbarried '90s Toyota Supra in shiny white.

More interesting, though less exciting (no photo either as it was filling up in a petrol station as I passed and it was getting dark) a Vauxhall Astra.

A yellow Vauxhall Astra.

Make that a yellow Mark 1 Vauxhall Astra.

Pretty certain it was a bog standard one rather than a GTE, and it had the square(ish) rather than the round headlamps. But I didn't get a good look so can't add any more. Can't remember when I last saw one out in the wild though.

• Like 5

There is a very dead Mk1 around here, but it was sheeted over last time I went past so no pic possible. As for out in the wild and moving, well thats got to be something these days. You don't  exactly trip over 2s or 3s either now.

Matt

• Like 4

I see this quite often around here, oddly usually when it is tipping with rain so they must be confident of the roof.

Anyway, I was looking out for the postman when the latest in Italian exotica made an appearance in the dry for once.

panda

Matt

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

I see this quite often around here, oddly usually when it is tipping with rain so they must be confident of the roof.

Anyway, I was looking out for the postman when the latest in Italian exotica made an appearance in the dry for once.

panda

Matt

I borrowed one of these for a week years ago and I realy loved it.  Basic yes.  Total lack of crash protection yes.  Noisy yes But so practical and such fun to drive.   They fetch silly prices now and I would still like one (Wifey had a 2CV Charleston, another basic with no safety but fun)

• Like 5