1/72 - Dyle et Bacalan DB-10 by MikroMir/AMP -3D renders+box art

Homebee

Now there's one you don't see every day! You have to give MikroMir credit - they do come up with some unusual subjects. We may yet see a Farley Fruitbat from them.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Just when you think that things couldn't get uglier ...

spacer.png

I like how the aircraft design team saw a picture the Great Sphinx (without the nose) and thought: 'Perfect".

Aerodynamics be damned!

Edited by warhawk
  • Like 2

As they say, it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down. Or, if a Dyle et Bacalan DB-10 falls out of a tree in the forest and there's no one around to hear it, does it still make squirrels and deer flee in terror? More seriously, is this an injection-molded styrene kit? I know all of MM's past efforts have been, so... Very brave! We should all buy one to show our support! I'll let you guys go first - I don't want to be selfish...

Maybe someone will suggest a 1930's ugly French aircraft group build - this kit would fit in well with the ones from the Heller Musee series!

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dear designers from Mikromir, 

If French why not Breguet XIX, 26 or Levasseur PL 15, Loire 257....? If ugly why not Tupolev R6? Please consider all of them! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Dear designers from Mikromir, 

If French why not Breguet XIX, 26 or Levasseur PL 15, Loire 257....? If ugly why not Tupolev R6? Please consider all of them! :)

This one is almost as bad looking as the Farman Jabiru, another candidate for the ugly French aircraft group build.

• Like 2

It seems that mikromir has completely forgotten about the Supermarine S.6

But ok, in terms of uniqueness... this one really wins. Noone is going to have any doubts about what that is except to define it it impossible.

2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Kudos to Mikro Mir: I love the imagination of this type of manufacturer. 👌

It's a nice change from endless Spitfires, Bf.109s and F-16s that get churned out each year.

Oho! I sense a multiple buy - stock kit markings, captured what-if in German markings, and another whiffer in Vichy stripes, perhaps?

John

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 12:29 PM, warhawk said:

I like how the aircraft design team saw a picture the Great Sphinx (without the nose) and thought: 'Perfect".

Aerodynamics be damned!

They were obviously more concerned with elegance and  capturing the essence of beauty than stiffly sticking to aerodynamic principles.

That is the French for you!

I like it. A lot.

Edited by New Tool

That thing looks like the result of a mid air collision between a Cunliffe-Owen OA-1 and a Bloch MB 200. Because of that, this will be on my to buy list. If it's French and ugly I want it in the collection. 

Big thumbs up to MikroMir.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:17 PM, Sabrejet said:

It's a nice change from endless Spitfires, Bf.109s and F-16s that get churned out each year.

Absolutely! I'm tempted to get one!!!! ;)

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dyle et Bacalan DB-10 by MikroMir/AMP -3D renders+box art