Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

3 minutes ago, Wez said:

I've created a monster!

I think you'll find you've created a whole bunch of Francophile, plastic fondling monsters!

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Happy birthday wishes early 🎂🍾🥃

Thank you Sir! I felt that my impending 51st year could only be consoled by buying more Heller kits!

Steve

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Does that mean his Heller shelves are bare now?? 🤣

Well I’ve certainly made a dent in them... 😁

• Haha 1

CONTENDER..... READY!!!!!!!!.....

20201002-155902.jpg

Bench cleared of all non Heller kits. Amiot 143, Breguet 693 and The Occident paddle steamer all ready to go.  The mornings been cleared and work will start on these three to be going on with.

It seems like only yesterday we were debating having the GB!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Wez said:

I've created a monster!

It’s when I do my entire WIP in French that you’ll know things have got out of hand 🇫🇷

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

It’s when I do my entire WIP in French that you’ll know things have got out of hand 🇫🇷

Hi Tony

Go ahead I'm sure you and a lot of Brittmodellers can do it

Bonsoir Tony

Vas y je suis que toi et et de nombreux Brittmodellers pouvez le faire ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

Speaking of Kingkit...

I was browsing this morning purely for research purposes. One thing led to another (as these things tend to do) and I have another kit plus an upgrade on the way. I'm making no promises, as my record in finishing models in GBs is woeful but if the VCI gets finished I have more unique armour available in the shape of an AMX 30 DCA.

Andy

Enigmatic

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxbat said:

Speaking of Kingkit...

I was browsing this morning purely for research purposes. One thing led to another (as these things tend to do) and I have another kit plus an upgrade on the way. I'm making no promises, as my record in finishing models in GBs is woeful but if the VCI gets finished I have more unique armour available in the shape of an AMX 30 DCA.

Andy

Enigmatic

I have a few incoming that haven’t made the build list yet, there’s a definite risk of a second build.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Chris

You can build it for the French Fancy Gb that should pass the vote in November ..

Best Regards

Patrice

Certainly a contender.  Going to have a Mirage battle-royale for a build position in that one.  :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyOD said:

I have a few incoming that haven’t made the build list yet, there’s a definite risk of a second build.

Actually, between here and your build in MTO3, I've got a pile of French aircraft too, but I think all of them are already covered so I'll build them at leisure. Right up until canopy masking time anyway, when they'll all be relegated to the shelf of doom 🤣

Andy

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Bonsoir Tony

Vas y je suis que toi et et de nombreux Brittmodellers pouvez le faire ...

Best Regards

Patrice

Je ne pourrais que faire de mon mieux!

24 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Je ne pourrais que faire de mon mieux!

C’est tout ce qu’on peut faire !

So tell all, what Heller delights have you succumbed to in your raid upon Kingkit's vaults?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jb65rams said:

Wasn't planning on a second build but just picked this up off eBay. For £5 i couldn't resist it.

Scalemates suggest originally released in 1978, with this boxing released sometime in the 1990s.

spacer.png

A tuna fishing boat from the armoured coast of Brittany - parfait!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wez said:

So tell all, what Heller delights have you succumbed to in your raid upon Kingkit's vaults?

All 1/72

• Spitfire XVIe
  • Javelin T.3
  • Rafale A (post '86!)
  • MD 450 Ouragan
  • A6M5 Zero
  • F-86F Sabre
  • MiG-21 Fishbed
  • Junkers Ju-52 (KP boxing - same as @Heather Kay's)
  • Mirage III
  • Dewoitine D510
  • P23 A/B Karas
  • Heinkel He-112
  • Super Etendard (Airfix boxing)
  • P-47N Thunderbolt
  • Mirage IVA
  • Nieuport Delage 622
  • F-84G Thunderjet
  • Saab J21-A
  • JA37 Jaktviggen

Plus the Warning Star on its way.

A whole new stash, then. These, the Dragon Rapide, the Amiot 143 and the LeO 451T should keep me busy for a good while! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

All 1/72

• Spitfire XVIe
  • Javelin T.3
  • Rafale A (post '86!)
  • MD 450 Ouragan
  • A6M5 Zero
  • F-86F Sabre
  • MiG-21 Fishbed
  • Junkers Ju-52 (KP boxing - same as @Heather Kay's)
  • Mirage III
  • Dewoitine D510
  • P23 A/B Karas
  • Heinkel He-112
  • Super Etendard (Airfix boxing)
  • P-47N Thunderbolt
  • Mirage IVA
  • Nieuport Delage 622
  • F-84G Thunderjet
  • Saab J21-A
  • JA37 Jaktviggen

Plus the Warning Star on its way.

A whole new stash, then. These, the Dragon Rapide, the Amiot 143 and the LeO 451T should keep me busy for a good while! 😁

Of that list, the only ones I haven't seen are the Zero and the Rafale, the P-47N isn't so good though, the rest are GREAT!  Did you only have a tiny stash?  If I traded in my hoard I'd expect at least 47 1/2 times that amount! :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wez said:

Of that list, the only ones I haven't seen are the Zero and the Rafale, the P-47N isn't so good though, the rest are GREAT!  Did you only have a tiny stash?  If I traded in my hoard I'd expect at least 47 1/2 times that amount! :whistle:

.....I hear the guy from Kingkit is currently booking his Caribbean cruise. 🤣 

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Wez said:

Oh, it was of very modest proportions - the sort of stash that one might feasibly build in its entirety in one's lifetime (I know! Imagine!). Andrew at Kingkit gave me a very fair trade-in valuation (I highly recommend them actually) and I blitzed the lot straight away. I gather some of the kits in there may be on the unsophisticated side but this is part of the charm of Heller for me 😁. I've avoided for now all those lovely Blochs, Breguets, Dewoitines, Potezes and Moranes that seem to come only in that very French "trois ton" camo scheme. Maybe I'll get an airbrush one day... 

(I just googled the P-47N kit. First line of the first Google result: "Seldom do I see a kit that has nothing whatsoever to recommend it. The Heller P-47N is one of those rare few." 🤣)

(Further Googling... there really isn't a lot of love out there for this kit! 😁)

Edited by TonyOD

I wish i could find a reliable supplier of Mistercraft kits just for the decal sheets. Their boxing of the PZL P.23 has something like 10 schemes. One of the Heller Storch reboxes has optional decals for a total of 13 schemes 😯

It gets hard keeping track though as they also produce different decal sheets for different countries but stick them in the same box with the same catalogue number. 

Andy

@Foxbat

That's a good point about the Mistercraft kits. Hadn't thought of them as so far, I think I've spent more on decals than I have the kits as those old Heller decals are not the best. Frustrating, as I've got a pretty sizable stash of decals, none of which cover the builds I have lined up for the GB.

8 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I've avoided for now all those lovely Blochs, Breguets, Dewoitines, Potezes and Moranes that seem to come only in that very French "trois ton" camo scheme. Maybe I'll get an airbrush one day...

You're not the only one! I've avoided a few types due to the camo schemes, and my insistence on sticking to a circa 1982, OOB, hairy sticks and enamels old skool vibe for this GB. I might give a Bloch 152 a go and see how it pans out. 

Steve

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

OK, thanks. Looks like I missed the earlier discussion on its eligibility.

So time to put my money where my mouth is, E-3A it is!  Time for some research as to mods required, etc I'll start a thread soon. Won't be starting the kit for at least a week as I will be interstate from Monday ( and no quarantining, yeah!)

Glad to see there will be a E-3 in this as now I won't be entering one, once again lost out on eBay :(

When I created this thread I was thinking something along these lines...

...then something like this happened along the way...

...and now we have this...

...something beautiful, but scary!!

From Côte D'Azur to Alsace-Lorraine in one deft move!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The last GB I took part in on here was back in 2013 (as you can see from the banner), since when I've been a very irregular lurker. When I saw this GB coming up I thought I'd get back on board with a Talbot Lago Record. 

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

I just googled the P-47N kit. First line of the first Google result: "Seldom do I see a kit that has nothing whatsoever to recommend it. The Heller P-47N is one of those rare few." 🤣)

(Further Googling... there really isn't a lot of love out there for this kit! 😁)

Then build it and give it the love it deserves. :)