Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

17 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Not sure, but I think Liberty has had a wardrobe malfunction.

Having seen the picture in the Louvre, I can assure you she has, perhaps she thought it was a good way of encouraging men to follow her :whistle:

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Not sure, but I think Liberty has had a wardrobe malfunction.

Her and monsieur without his trousers. The French. Any excuse to get their kit off. Reminds me of those arty French films I used to watch on Channel 4 when I was a teenager. Entirely for the purposes of cultural enrichment and improving my French in preparation for my O Level, you understand.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

It has for us in the right side of the international dateline :D

Have you gone “Interstate” (that has to be a Candidate for “Joke of the Year!”) yet?  

If so you’ve even missed out on an extra half an hour jump on the gun!  

37 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Her and monsieur without his trousers. The French. Any excuse to get their kit off. Reminds me of those arty French films I used to watch on Channel 4 when I was a teenager. Entirely for the purposes of cultural enrichment and improving my French in preparation for my O Level, you understand.

Absolutely! I recall learning German in the same manner, but for some reason, I only got as far as "Ich bin gekommen, um Ihren Fernseher zu reparieren" and "Ja, Ja, Ja"!! 🤔🤣

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Absolutely! I recall learning German in the same manner, but for some reason, I only got as far as "Ich bin gekommen, um Ihren Fernseher zu reparieren" and "Ja, Ja, Ja"!! 🤔🤣

Even Channel 4 wasn't showing that sort of stuff... 😳

• Haha 1

Some disappointing news. You know what it's like - you put a kit down in a safe place so you won't lose it and then when it comes to build it you have lost it! I have hunted high and low and can't find the Heller 1/24 Citroen 15 CV (80763) that I intended to build. Best plan is to stop looking for it and I will then trip over it! Until that happy moment arrives, I will be making the making the Heller 1/400 Jeanne D'Arc (81034) instead.

spacer.png

This is the 2014 re-boxing of a kit that was originally released in 1967, Product Number L870. A clunky bit of plastic, it was in one of my "For Sale" boxes but it will have to do as all my other Heller models are ships for which I wish to save for another day, year or decade. It will be built strictly OOB, no rigging, extras or faffing about! I just hope that my disappointment doesn't lead me to giving this thing a flight test at some point!

Dave

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Tony, I think I will report your post to the Mods so that it can be removed on the grounds of smugness and this post can then become the 2,000th.

Dave

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Wez said:

Pete,

I'd suggest that sadly, the LeO-45 is beyond the 25% stage, sorry mate.

Hi Wez,

No problem as that is what I thought too!

Pete

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, davecov said:

[..]

I will be making the making the Heller 1/400 Jeanne D'Arc (81034) instead.

spacer.png

This is the 2014 re-boxing of a kit that was originally released in 1967, Product Number L870. A clunky bit of plastic, it was in one of my "For Sale" boxes but it will have to do as all my other Heller models are ships for which I wish to save for another day, year or decade. It will be built strictly OOB, no rigging, extras or faffing about!

Hope the Citroen turns up unexpectedly :)

By the way, does this one come with a teenie-tiny Super Frelon?

I just want to state that I am officially frustrated. Two birthdays and end of month accounts to do this weekend, and all I want to do is get cracking on my Heller kits. Life should not be allowed to get in the way of the start of a GB, especially a Heller GB!

• Haha 7

Guess what I found this morning - my mislaid Heller 1/24 Citroen 15 CV (80763). It had fallen down a gap between some boxes in my den cupboard.

spacer.png

I will set up a build thread shortly but it won't be started on until the end of the month as I am away. I also have a ship to keep me busy for the time being.

Dave

• Like 10

Good to see that you found it. 

I've been thinking of adding another kit that won't take as long as the Talbot probably will. After considering the few aircraft that I have in the stash I remembered that I had this....

50417013463_dd64551d44_c.jpgDSCF1725 by timothy jones, on Flickr

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Can't enter another build thread before that! V-P

Yes you can V.P, Don’t worry, you’re secret’s safe with me..I won’t tell anyone! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I'll probably add a thread for my Heller 1:72 Fieseler Storch, which I have in a Humbrol/Heller boxing, once I finally get to finish my He 111... 🙄 Can't enter another build thread before that! V-P

Great to have you with us V-P, we have been waiting for you to turn up.

I saved a seat at the front for you, it was sweet popcorn you wanted wasn't it ? :popcorn:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

are you all crazy! :D

this GB is one day old, and I already nearly can't find my build thread! it was on page 3/5 already!!!! :wall:

do you want to better the Nordics or Navy GB from earlier this year ;)?

• Haha 3