Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As most do not read the editorial,  the part on pricing is worth quoting.

New Prices
As long as we’re on the subject of changes, we are entering the new year with a new price structure. This is a significant change and a sensitive topic which we have been putting off to the end of the year. Prices will increase in intervals of 11 to 15% depending on the price group. Price increases will impact retail and wholesale costs in Czech Crowns and Euros, but won’t affect US retail prices. They will take effect during the shutdown of the retail department before Christmas, which this year will be December 19th when we will be accepting the last of our orders which will have dispatched guaranties by before the holidays.
As with every year, this will be followed by our taking inventory, and this is when the new pricing will be implemented. So, your last chance to buy at current prices will be December 19th. Retail will reopen, with the new prices, probably the first week of January, 2023, and in all likelihood, this will be on the 3rd or 4th of the month.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As most do not read the editorial, the part on number of kits in the Limited Edition is worth quoting.

The biggest hit of the February kits will be the HIND E released in the Limited series in 1/48 scale. It will focus on the Mi-24V and Mi-35 helicopters used by the Czechoslovak and later Czech Air Force. (...)

For this kit we originally planned an edition of 5000 pieces, but due to the market situation and in general, especially the prevailing caution of dealers with purchases, we have reduced it to 3000 pieces.

This is a 40% reduction in the planned number of boxes. Due to caution of dealers with purchases and market situation.

• Sad 1

Also this:

"I would like to point out that due to the situation where there is a noticeable drop in sales especially for accessories, we are putting into production volumes consistently based on the total number of pre-orders for each item produced. The quantities that create a reserve for customers without pre-orders are significantly reduced in production and are largely produced only according to the requirements resulting from actual orders. Therefore, if you do not have pre-orders, your new orders may be delayed. This is a situation we have long warned against. In the boom times, this was rarely the case, but the current situation is different and forces us to rationalise our procedures."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

As most do not read the editorial, the part on number of kits in the Limited Edition is worth quoting.

This is a 40% reduction in the planned number of boxes. Due to caution of dealers with purchases and market situation.

Meh, marketing ploy. They’ll release 3000 pieces now, keep the other 2000 and release them later “by popular demand”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Also this:

Yes, this information first appeared back in mid-August, in the leaflet for October. Since then it has been repeated, word for word, every month. This sends a very clear signal about the problems in the industry as a whole. Increases in raw material prices have been significant, to which must be added inflation and the huge increase in energy prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

No love yet for the 1/24 Airfix Spitfire?

No love either for the Kinetic 1/48 F-16 MLU apparently; Eduard, like everyone else (for some reason that completely eludes me) seems to have decided that the F-16C is the 'main event'! I could never understand how it's taken so long for a modern kit of the MLU to be done by someone (I know that some issues with the Kinetic kit have been pointed out, but for me it's a perfectly acceptable starting point, beats having to buy a ton of aftermarket for the Tamiya or Hasegawa kits). Maybe in March Eduard will get around to it.....

• Like 1

I got the 1/72 Profipack Bf 109E3 repack of the Special Hobby plastics delivered yesterday. I haven't opened it yet but much as suspected when this release was announced, it's cheaper than SH's own boxings.

I got it via an online store in Germany for 15.50 euro (VAT included) which is the average price of the SH kits. Eduard's Profipack includes a PE fret, paint masks and a fair selection of markings for the same price.

While I am not thrilled about using PE, the fact is, it's included in the price and the paint masks alone make the difference.

Really hoping these sell well so Eduard gets more of the SH Bf 109Es reboxed - the Profipacks offer great value. I can get paint masks for the different canopies and then hunt for the SH boxing with interesting decal options, the "Romanian and Slovak Aces" and "Legion Condor" ones, on a sale.

WIth the 1/72 F and G kits starting to be released next year, that will also make a full line of 109s by Eduard. And one can't have too many Messers!

On 12/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, Procopius said:

Also this:

"I would like to point out that due to the situation where there is a noticeable drop in sales especially for accessories,

Finally. People stopped buying their useless PE sets? I can't remember when I last bought Eduard PE, and you can bet it was an decade old set even then.

Eduard, you want to up the sales? Start putting back useful parts in your PE sets. Just look at the competition. I suggest Microdesign.

Cheers,

Vedran

Edited by dragonlanceHR
typo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Eduard, you want to up the sales? Start putting back useful parts in your PE sets. Just look at the competition. I suggest Microdesign.

The one time of year when the largest aftermarket kit manufacturer needs an advice from the random modeller. Who takes as a benchmark products from a company that just happens to fit into his collection.

• Haha 2

To be fair, Eduard does seem to be superficial when creating their PE sets, especially for kits that are not their own make, for example- Su-34/Trumpeter set missing all the grilles and vents for the exhaust boom, or Su-33/Zvezda missing symmetrical aerials (included just one of each when they are supposed to be on both sides).

But at the same time, Microdesign is even worse in my eyes. Yes, the PE fret contains millions of parts, but they don't actually fit the advertised kit (particularly bad experience with instrument panels, oversized antennas, etc.). Not to mention their product is so thin, it is often bent out of original packaging.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 5:20 PM, Fullofit said:

They’ll release 3000 pieces now, keep the other 2000 and release them later “by popular demand”.

Ah yes, the "Limited no really this time it IS Limited but maybe not as Limited as the word Limited suggests" Limited Editions?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

Ah yes, the "Limited no really this time it IS Limited but maybe not as Limited as the word Limited suggests" Limited Editions?

Remember when their Limited Editions used to include resin wheels, propellers and cockpits, or a combination of? You had to pay a bit more, but you knew what you were paying for. Now, they change the box art and call it Limited - you still pay more for it. Yes, it’s now called limited, because there is nothing extra in it. Plus, there will be more as soon as they get a new shipment. And all the more power to them if they can pull it off. As they say, there is a new naive modeller born every minute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alt-92 said:

No.

I don't really see the point in creating conspiracy theories. They are buying a certain number of sets from another manufacturer and that is what makes a set limited.

Whether Eduard's added content (decals, PE, resins) is unique or boring is a matter of taste and the needs of a particular audience. For me, their Tornado rebox with markings from Desert Storm was boring. But I'm sure that for many people it was an absolute hit and they bought more than one box. Anyway, I also bought one box for myself. I had that kit in my plans for a long time and in this case for the same price as Revell I got the same plastic parts, plus PE and resin. A clear profit.

But back to the limited editions - Eduard may rebox the same sprues many times, but each time the content is different. Take for example the F-104 from Hasegawa in 1/48:

• 2015 - 1133 - Bundesfighter / NATO Fighter
  • 2015 - 1195 - Bundesfighter
  • 2015 - 1196 - NATO Fighter
  • 2020 - 11130 - Eikō

If the conspiracy theories about regular reissues of these kits were true, they would be on constant sale in Eduard's shop. But they are virtually non-existent in the trade, and you may come across single copies sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Eduard has a fairly open information policy. They write quite a lot in the "Eduard Info", there is a bit of information in leaflets for distributors, but most of info can be found in a thread on the Czech ModelForum. So if they write that they have downsized the order of sprues from 5,000 to 3,000 sets, this is part of reporting the worse economic reality. And we have had plenty of such information from them this year.

• Like 2