Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

95 Good

About drake122

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,225 profile views
  1. That looks very nice! What is the verdict on the AML upgrade kit though? Pictures available on the internet look like very low quality resin with no detail at all...
  2. These black and gold boxed 're-releases' of their old MF boxings come with the old style decals or the new bad ones? Anyone knows?
  3. I also do overtrees + PE purchases and get aftermarket decals elsewhere. Or buy Eduard kits that were released a while ago with Cartograf decals. The new ones are just bad.
  4. GWH and Minibase are probably the best Flankers out there. Hobby Boss / Trumpeter kits in general lack attention to accurate detail and have various shape issues I believe. Altough plastic is good quality. For Su-34, where you have no choice but to get one from the inferior manufacturers, as GHW or Minibase don't make them... but maybe in the future.
  5. Panel lines on the nose are supposed to disappear into nothingness?
  6. Thank you, that appears to be correct, sadly. http://www.airvectors.net/avvig.html "The datalink and Rb74 upgrades required addition of switches to the control stick that eliminated the airbrake control, with the airbrakes wired shut. There were few complaints, since like most other delta-winged aircraft, the Viggen lost speed rapidly under sharp maneuvers and the airbrakes had rarely been used in the first place." I will be installing the PE airbrakes from the Heller set it seems, in closed position
  7. So, since today I had the advantage of some natural light, I took some photos of progress... First, I took care of those nasty gaps and seams near the intakes and the forward fuselage in general. It is not so bad, used superglue filler. Rescribed the panel lines where needed, intentionally overdone, because I brush paint and shallow panel lines disappear easily, haha. Also intentionally sanded away some detail here, to be replaced with PE... shown in the second picture. Added a hole and dry-fitted the Master AoA probe. After that I put together t
  8. Sort of, but the modeller painted the wrong areas in metal. The panel with the red transparency /nav light?/ should most likely be of a metallic sheen, and not the panel right in front of it with the little red aerial. The black/dark area further down the spine is correct, and the panel in front of the vertical stabilizer should be normal camo color. Check reference photos of the real bird s/n 37410. However, most photos online are from the time before they painted the tail red. Currently, the jet is perserved in a museum, I believe /Ă–sterlens Flygmuseum/. By the way,
  9. Oh, thank god, I thought for a minute you're calling me out on something!
  10. Just a small update today, I assembled the complex involving the small air intake under the fuselage as well as the Oerlikon autocannon. Also, I've been looking at other "adjustments" that need to be done on the fusefale before it is buttoned up and ready for primer... - hollowed out some air scoops - drilled a hole for the Master AoA probe on the nose, and removed the pitot tube from the vertical stabilizer to be replaced by a Master metal part during final assembly later - added external PE and resin parts (the RWR antenna - cannibalizing the horrible M
  11. So, I am trying to fix a few errors in the kit, based on information I found in other build threads, here is what I found: Some things are obvious, but the "jet fuel starter exhaust", "oval vent/drain on the bottom of the exhaust shroud" and the "small vortex generators on the exhaust", I can't find good pictures of. Anybody able to help out there?
  12. Well, the original idea was to display it braking on a runway, with airbrakes open, thrust reverser closed, and nose gear leg compressed. I will need a pilot figure though. On second thoughts, the resin seat is so "pretty", it would be a sin to obscure it with a pilot, haha.
  13. So, lots of progress after a week, just been lazy to update this. Cockpit As far as the cockpit goes, in my opinion the resin seat by CMK is excellent, just as the tub and IP are. I used additional PE parts from the Maestro set - the pedals and the canopy contact railings on the upper forward fuselage part. Fit is excellent all around, including resin. The larger "side panel" that goes into the upper fuselage part is provid
  • Create New...