Excellent :D.

BTW, fat?!?! Good God, man - you know nothing of fat. You lot are the perfect nuclear family.

The model's coming on well, too...

Well, I'm currently 204 pounds (14 and a half stone like anyone needs the conversion) -- on my wedding day just under five years ago, I was 164 (about 12 stone). So there's a lot more Edward now. I'm trying to get back to running (I was immobilized for much of last year with a knee injury) to get down to 180, which is overweight, but also "American thin", we might say.

• Like 2

Ed, when I came to the States, I weighed in at 190 pounds (which is OK for my 6'2" frame). Having lived in one of the drunkest cities in the Midwest (Milwaukee) for 14 years, I hover around 240 pounds. I'm well-fed, but horribly slow, and am working at losing the excess... although I suspect I'll clog up Lake Michigan in the process.

So, no, you know nothing of fat - but that's OK :). Good luck with your training!

• Like 1

Ah, Milwaukee...Mrs. P did part of her Montessori training there and lived in the city the year before we were married; she lived right off the melodically named Kinnickinnic Avenue, and we used to go to a place called Honey Pie whenever I visited her...mmmmmm, Honey Pie.

• Like 2

PC, time spent with your son is not inactivity, just modelling inactivity. However it's good to hear you painted the spinner, as that gets you off the modelling inactivity charge too - albeit on a technicality :D

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

This is rather interesting. It appear as if the same designer made your kit as my Italeri 190. The join lines are nearly identical... apart from the psychopathic method of joining the engine to the fuselage on mine.

Rather nice work on your painting too. I'm "pondering" my next step...

Oh, the other day we went out for burritos -- America's curry --

Please stop!

My addiction to "Breakfast Burritos" has elicited a large growl from the tummy-regions after reading your words.

Arizona, you have much to answer for!

• Like 1

Hey PC :) Great photo of Winston, 'tyke' indeed!

"...the little tyke made a fierce and determined expression at me, put on a burst of speed, and cut me off! Oedipal!" You know what I'm singing in my head now, don't you! For non-Lehrer fans:

• Like 2

This is rather interesting. It appear as if the same designer made your kit as my Italeri 190. The join lines are nearly identical... apart from the psychopathic method of joining the engine to the fuselage on mine.

How does the engine go on, then?

Rather nice work on your painting too. I'm "pondering" my next step...

Thanks! I think Luftwaffe stuff is pretty easy to paint so long as you have an airbrush (which may explain its otherwise inexplicable popularity as a subject), as there's lots of room for experimentation and trying new techniques.

My addiction to "Breakfast Burritos" has elicited a large growl from the tummy-regions after reading your words.

Arizona, you have much to answer for!

I'm very partial to the burrito suizo, which is essentially a burrito combined with pizza. Scientists must have worked day and night.

I saw this the other day and it made me wonder where you'd got to.

Visiting Tokyo's hedgehog cafe - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36283623

Delightful! I donate to St Tiggywinkles about once a year, myself.

PC, time spent with your son is not inactivity, just modelling inactivity. However it's good to hear you painted the spinner, as that gets you off the modelling inactivity charge too - albeit on a technicality :D

Ced, that is indeed one of my favourites. "His rivals used to say (quite a bit) that as a monarch he was most unfit, but still in all, they had to admit that he loooooved his mother."

• Like 4

How does the engine go on, then?

Where your fuselage halves simply join up along the centreline, mine has the nose removed aft of the exhausts.

You are then required to assemble the circle of the fuselage (encasing the engine) from four curved pieces...

Once that is in a nice rectangular, triangular, trapezoidal shape, you can insert the circular ring with the front of the engine in it. Luckily this actually helps in making the whole thing circular.

Then this component attaches to the pleasantly thin and moveable area of fuselage front.

It does appear as if the same method of wing to fuselage join is used on your model.

I can imagine a kid or novice modeler being quite put-off by this Italeri kit. Revell's "difficulty scale" is a very wise thing to have on the outside of the box.

He is crawling and burbling now. The other day, I was crawling with him (so he felt like we had shared struggles), when Mrs. P emerged from the kitchen, a vision of fresh-faced, clean-limbed loveliness. We both started crawling towards her, and as I seemed to be pulling ahead, the little tyke made a fierce and determined expression at me, put on a burst of speed, and cut me off! Oedipal!

How I laughed. Thanks for sharing the story - it's reminded me of how many times I've had to relinquish any appearance of being too close to my two boys' mum (bloody instincts, grumble mumble...).

• Like 1

Well, I glued the prop on tonight, so steady (minor) progress!

However, I also moved our four 80-pound window air conditioning units up from the basement and into their war stations on the ground and second floors, since it's now 31 degrees Celsius here (it'd be best to move them up when it hits, say, 21 degrees C, but Mrs. P enjoys punishing heat and humidity, which is unfortunate, because trying to haul these bad boys upstairs in this heat put me well on the road to uxoricide) and as a result, I mostly want to have a little lie-down, perhaps a whimper. See what feels right to me.

• Like 6

You do make me laugh PC :D

Maybe, next year, you could move them up earlier and 'camouflage' them, perhaps with some tasteful, lacy covers and some flower vases?

• Like 2

I love it when people post "old and fat" pictures in which they look thin and twelve :) Good job on the running, I got into it a couple of years ago after much nagging from Mrs. V. and have shifted almost all the weight I put on in my time in the games industry.

The model looks good too - I continue to be surprised how small single-seaters are in 1/72.

Will

• Like 1

Alcladded the metal bits of the landing gear and finished the (needlessly) complex bomb rack/drop tank pylon tonight. Still no photos.

I've just emailed to see if I can't place a Union Jack at the grave of Private Cyril H Evans, Royal Army Ordnance Corps, on Memorial Day at the Fort Sheridan Cemetery. Pte Evans died in this country in July of 1945 after being liberated from a Japanese prison camp; typically all the headstones in the cemetery have a small American flag planted in front of them for the holiday, but for some reason it feels important to me that he get to sleep under his own flag on Memorial Day (which I realize is not a British holiday). Wish me luck!

• Like 15

I've received approval to place a small Union Jack at Pte Evans's grave! Fortunately, I have a small stockpile of them, you never know when a liberating army might arrive to free us from rebel tyranny. Hopefully my follow-through is good.

Mrs P. and Winnie:

20160524_182619_zpsscphtdxs.jpg

The dog's breakfast that is the underbelly hardpoint. Awful.

20160526_214452_zpstdaacji6.jpg

20160526_214503_zpsvq02togr.jpg

20160526_214503_zpsvq02togr.jpg

20160526_221154_zpsk0a65ke7.jpg

• Like 11

Looks like summer has arrived in Chicago then B)

The shrike is looking good too, I particularly like the panel behind the exhausts, very nicely done yes.gif

Well done with the flag for Pte Evans too, I think it's indicative of the sort of chap you are that you thought of it in the first place and managed to get the permissions sorted too, thank you.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3