Airfix new tooling

593jones

:lol: I love the speculation game! However, I am STILL not convinced that the "mouth watering information" is anything more than updates of the already announced 2016 release programme - test shots/CADs etc. Hope I'm wrong though! I'd HATE to miss the chance to cry out "Why, oh why did they do this when.........................................................................! :lol::lol:

Allan (trying to inject a note of calm amidst the fevered speculation!!)

• Like 1

Now Arifx are moving into 1:48 in a big way perhaps it's a radical new series? 1:48 Museums Series. First a complete scale Duxford with optional upgrade to include Section Officer Maggie Harvey and explosions.......

• Like 1

That was pants, mouth watering my ****

I am not convinced as yet that the "mouth watering" tooling information is anything other than CADs/test shot pics for more of the 2016 release programme already announced. :sleep_1::sleep_1: . I will be happy to be proved wrong.

Allan

I am not convinced as yet that the "mouth watering" tooling information is anything other than CADs/test shot pics for more of the 2016 release programme already announced. :sleep_1::sleep_1: . I will be happy to be proved wrong.

Allan

Is it a bit too early for 2017 new tooling news, isn't it? It may be a new variant of existing tooling. Still a Beaufighter Mk VIF or Mk IIF can make for a nice news.

Anyway, "mouth watering" - water - ship? I haven't made a guess for one, so now I say 1/350 U-class submarine.

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1

Is it a bit too early for 2017 new tooling news, isn't it? It may be a new variant of existing tooling. Still a Beaufighter Mk VIF or Mk IIF cna make for a nice news.

Anyway, "mouth watering" - water - ship? I haven't made a guess for one, so now I say 1/350 U-class submarine.

Agreed. Airfix surely would not announce the 2017 programme until late in the year. Which is why I think we are all getting worked up about nothing ! :lol: As I said though, happy to be proved wrong.

Allan

I suspect we may see CAD shots of the Victor in the near future if they are looking to release in November, or other 2016 new tools, news on 2017 projects wont be till the 2nd half of the year as they want us talking about, pre-ordering and waiting on 2016 range first before being distracted with what comes next year.

The York would make sense in a way as they can copy the Lanc wings and associated bits and just tool up a fuselage for it and anything else appropriate.

A UK Phantom would be grand as too would be Hunter(s), Chipmunk, Auster family, and so many others to replace their really old toolings and so many that have not been touched by ANY other manufacturer...

Oh.... its time to wake up... one can dream on....

• Like 2

problem is you just can't add Lancaster wings to a York as there are differences l believe. Having a wider fuselage required some of the inner wing to be modify making is a bit shorter between the fuselage and the inner engines. if you look l think the propellers are closer to the York fuselage then on the Lancaster. l could be wrong but l am sure this is the case

• Like 2

I think that most (at least) of the Yorks had the deeper intakes which didn't come with the bomber kit. They would be a useful addition to the armoury for conversion enthusiasts, but wouldn't help reduce the cost of a York kit.

I can see Airfix doing a Vulcan to make up the set of V-bombers (although surely not a Sperrin) but not just yet. Not everyone wants a complete set: I suspect that knowledge of a forthcoming Vulcan could reduce the sales of the Victor.

I'd sooner see a Halifax, but I suspect that there are more popular subjects to come first. And if they do follow the logic of new tools for old horrors, a Yak 9 or Ju 88 would be high on any list. Especially the latter.

• Like 1

From Airfix Aerodrome (http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/aerodrome/at-home-with-the-historic-aircraft-collection/):

If this were not impressive enough, this quartet is about to be joined by another incredibly rare aircraft, in the shape of a De Havilland DH 9 Great War bomber, which will be the only aircraft of its type flying anywhere in the world. This aircraft is likely to fly later this year and as we currently find ourselves in the middle of the Great War centenary commemorations, the first flight of the DH.9 is bound to be extremely well documented on numerous media channels.

Is that a suggestion? I really hope so.

I still think Airfix should go through their back catalogue of old kits and do new tool versions and I think of them, they should concentrate on producing models that there isn't a recent or really good mainstream kit of. For example - a Battle, Hampden, Royal Navy Corsair, Sea Fury, Anson, Liberator.... etc

thanks

Mike

• Like 5

I still think Airfix should go through their back catalogue of old kits and do new tool versions and I think of them, they should concentrate on producing models that there isn't a recent or really good mainstream kit of. For example - a Battle, Hampden, Royal Navy Corsair, Sea Fury, Anson, Liberator.... etc

thanks

Mike

And perhaps a Yak-9? Unlikely, I know, but the existing one has to be almost 60 years old! A bold venture on Airfix's part at the time it was first released, but reissuing it today is kind of embarrassing.

John

• Like 3