P-51 Mustang STGB Chat

wellzy

Good morning trickyrich

Thanks but it will be difficult to wait 12 months before building a Mustang ..

Patrice

Patrice,

You can Always practice with some P-51's before the start next year. :fool::fool: :fool:

Cheers,

• Like 1

Patrice,

You can Always practice with some P-51's before the start next year. :fool::fool: :fool:

Cheers,

Like your thinking Arnold nice one

Les

Edited by wellzy
  • Like 1

For some reason I've got four of the Airfix P-51 kits in the stash so really should sign up. Have Swedish and Chinese decals put aside for the two standard kits, want to do the F.51 in its Dominican scheme, then there's the starter kit with its 112 squadron option but I'm drawn to doing Dooleybird from 19 squadron since it was based not far from where I live and the Matchbox artwork was so inspiring to me as a kid - need to find decals to suit that idea though.

For some reason I've got four of the Airfix P-51 kits in the stash so really should sign up. Have Swedish and Chinese decals put aside for the two standard kits, want to do the F.51 in its Dominican scheme, then there's the starter kit with its 112 squadron option but I'm drawn to doing Dooleybird from 19 squadron since it was based not far from where I live and the Matchbox artwork was so inspiring to me as a kid - need to find decals to suit that idea though.

Col,

I can sort you out with some Doolybird decals if you like? Got 3 sets of them....

Mark.

• Like 1

Col,

I can sort you out with some Doolybird decals if you like? Got 3 sets of them....

Mark.

Cool! Cheers Mark I'll take you up on that :thumbsup:

Just dropped you a PM about your 4 x P-51s :)

• 2 months later...

Sign me up for this one please. I have 7 P-51 kits, so maybe I can do 2 or three for this GB.

A brave man or a quick builder, welcome aboard. Sounds like you are a bit of a P-51 fan, well you'll enjoy this build, the last one was amazing!

Look forward to seeing when it starts.

A brave man or a quick builder, welcome aboard. Sounds like you are a bit of a P-51 fan, well you'll enjoy this build, the last one was amazing!

Look forward to seeing when it starts.

Not really a quick builder, just optimistic (until it all goes wrong!). So yeah, I think I fall under the "brave (foolish?) man" category :) But I will at least finish one, and if there're time left, I will start another.

Y'kna I think I'll join yer club. The last Mustang GB was the first thing I did on these fine fora, and my first model in many years, I even managed a couple of votes for my entry much to my surprise. As such it would be rude not to chuck my hat in the ring for round two.

I'll be doing the same aircraft that I did last time but in 1/48th rathere than 1/72nd. Probably the Hobby Boss version. The theory being that I'll be able to put what (if anything) I've learned in the intervening period in to practice.

Y'kna I think I'll join yer club. The last Mustang GB was the first thing I did on these fine fora, and my first model in many years, I even managed a couple of votes for my entry much to my surprise. As such it would be rude not to chuck my hat in the ring for round two.

I'll be doing the same aircraft that I did last time but in 1/48th rathere than 1/72nd. Probably the Hobby Boss version. The theory being that I'll be able to put what (if anything) I've learned in the intervening period in to practice.

looking forward to your build and welcome

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh yes got about a million in the stash.... well over 10 and decals for 25+

What to do will be the question, 357th FG or maybe a Tuskegee Red Tail or two

Not a French one Mish?

I have no decals :( ... Yet :)

Good afternoon

Something like this

160360F6CR7D.jpg

or this

951611MustangF6D.jpg

If you need decals you have this sheet http://www.modartdec.com/mads-172.htmlI used it last year to get this

8151562Mustang.jpg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234979084-mustang-gr-233-savoie-france-1945/

Patrice

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 5