P-51 Mustang STGB Chat

wellzy

Hey guys, some amazing builds we could see in this GB again, big cheers to all of you :)  Sadly i was not able to finish my build in time, but i ll finish it as soon as possible :) 

And before ppl stops to follow this GB, i would like to ask if anyone has an idea, what colour would be the Wheel wells and gun bay of F-51D´s, which were "refubrished" for the korean war. On some photos i saw the motor bay was repainted black same as cockpit, but about Wheel wells i did read it was repainted by silver laquer aaand i have no ifno about gunbays.. So if anoyne knows the colours for Wheel wells and gunbay, it would be amazing to share it here :) thanks, :) 

Thoroughly enjoyed this group build. Thanks to all the participants and to those who organised. 

Now that the group build is over are we alright to continue our works in progress here or should we switch to the main forum? 

1 hour ago, Joss said:

The poll doesn't seem to be working for me anyone else?? 

Hi Joss. Apparently Enzo has set up the one you can currently see as a template for the hosts to build the actual poll from. It's just a matter of waiting for the hosts to fill in the details.

It was a really great GB - I wish I had had more time to build more than the one quick Airfix version. Well done to the hosts and everyone who took part! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Joss. Apparently Enzo has set up the one you can currently see as a template for the hosts to build the actual poll from. It's just a matter of waiting for the hosts to fill in the details.

It was a really great GB - I wish I had had more time to build more than the one quick Airfix version. Well done to the hosts and everyone who took part! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

arrr that would probably be me!! :D I had sort of forgot to look in....... I'll set it up tonight, as usual it'll run for a week.

Nice work everyone, there some truly lovely builds well done!!!  :clap2: Fro me....well I can sort of hang my head in shame, the A-36...well I sort of lost interest or rather got distracted with the KUTA GB and trying to complete the SM.79. Nether of which were that successful! So I guess that's to be added to this years KUTA GB.....

• Like 1

well that's it!!! The poll has closed and we do have a winner!

Congratulations to Joss and his beautifully presented P-51B!  :clap2:

To everyone else well done on presenting some truly lovely models, you can all be very proud of what you have presented here.

To those that didn't quite make it (me included), don't give up, the threads will be left open so you can update them as you go along, or theirs always the KUTA GB at the end of the year!

Thanks everyone for coming along and making this a great GB! :thumbsup:

• Like 5