1/32 Tornado GR4 - Now in 'progress' section.....

Hi all,

Here are the latest shots of my evolving 1/32 Tornado GR4 cockpit (pictures a bit better thanks to work camera):

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

A couple of the completed and installed avionics bay (scratchbuilt):

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

And lastly the nose gear bay (kit part 'busied up' somewhat):

Picture006.jpg

Obviously a lot of detail painting/washing/drybrushing to go but hopefully you get the idea. The cockpit has a lot of scrtachbuilt detail, which will all need painting! The avionics bay and the middle of the pilots bay are more or less 'as complete'. I'd love to know what everyone thinks, hopefully I got all the details right! :hypnotised:

Cheers, will be on holiday/working away until Sep so last update for a while.

James

Edited by James G

Great work James. It's looking fantastic so far. I've been held up with getting any more pictures mate, sorry. Hopefully get them sorted before you get back. Will be glued to this one mate. Take care working away.

Regards

Andy :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Somehow, I've found time in between working, holidays, and finding myself a new place in Cardiff, to actually do some modelling!!

My Tornado cockpit is now complete and I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out - god bless Mr. Flightpath!!

Tornadocockpitcomplete002.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete003.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete004.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete005.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete006.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete007.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete008.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete009.jpg

Tornadocockpitcomplete001.jpg

I'd love to know what everyone thinks!

Cheers,

James

Edited by James G

MY GOD!!!!! that's insane...and utterly fantastic. I'm afraid I'm about to follow you down that very same (flight)path. I will most definitely be following this one. I may not get as deep into that detail in the complete pit...but........who knows what the future holds. Thanks for the inspiration and inside look. I may not take the same path as Paragon's offerings are very tempting also.

That is outstanding work my friend!

All My bits and bobs for one of these was ready and waiting for my return from my hols..... dont think ill bother now cant possibly compete!

Anyone wanna buy a GR1 and conversion kit? (joking!)

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the kind words as usual. I'd like to say a big thanks to Andy (Brooksy) and Merv on here for their helpful advice, and Andy for sending me the GR4 cockpit photos on CD. I'm glad I've got the cockpit (98% done), just got to get it into the fuselage now!

I will be pretty frantic over the next month, quitting current job, moving from Shrewsbury to Cardiff, then starting my PhD :smartass: ; but I'm sure more work on this project will be shoe-horned in here and there!

Bye for now and thanks for watching,

James

James

I don't think I've ever seen a pit with so much "depth" (is that the right word?) and detail

Absolutely stunning

Will keep an eye on this one!

Graham

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

Good to be back! I've been insanely busy since getting down to Cardiff - my PhD supervisor has had me read a whole rainforest-worth of scientific papers, I've been teaching undergrads; and of course all the other usual stuff too - going out/making friends; and getting a new girlfriend into the bargain... :)

But of course, I couldn't stay away from the modelling - see attached progress photos on the Tornado. Again, please let me have questions/comments. Unfortunately I won't be at SMW 08 - friends are coming down to see me that weekend, but hopefully next year my Tonka will be on that competition table!

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0531.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg