If you could see one vintage/extinct British aircraft fly...

blueliner

B47 Stratojet

TSR 2

Scimitar

Vickers Valiant

F102 Delta Dagger

Saw a MITO of the 509th at Pease AFB back in '64. The B-47...whattan aircraft! Like the B-1B, looked like a fighter in the air.

F-102s flew over my house regularly, the black tails of the PA ANG from Greater Pittsburgh Airport.

As for TSR.2...

We can dream!

Edited by blueliner

Hawker Typhoon

Hawker Tempest V or 6

DH Hornet

Beaufighter

There, that was easy!

Wez

Isn't the Beau at Duxford getting close to completion?

Saw it in '07 on the shop floor. Will be great to see in the sky.

It's in Australian markings, which is accurate for that bird. I wish it was from 404 Squadron RCAF Coastal Command, with invasion stripes.

Don't hold your breath on the Shack. They were all flown beyond their fatigue lives, and the successors to Avro do not support them.

That is why the US one was not allowed back into UK airspace.

As for the Beaufighter, unless you can come up with the right marks of Hercules and a pair of props, it ain't going nowhere soon.

Don't hold your breath on the Shack. They were all flown beyond their fatigue lives, and the successors to Avro do not support them.

That is why the US one was not allowed back into UK airspace.

As for the Beaufighter, unless you can come up with the right marks of Hercules and a pair of props, it ain't going nowhere soon.

I did wonder about the Shackleton. I guess it would need a re-spar and somebody to sign it all off...kerrr-ching! :hypnotised:

They were rather convincing at Waddington I must say, I think the suggestion was it was a year or so away. Fatigue life is fatigue life I guess. :pipe:

I did wonder about the Shackleton. I guess it would need a re-spar and somebody to sign it all off...kerrr-ching! :hypnotised:

They were rather convincing at Waddington I must say, I think the suggestion was it was a year or so away. Fatigue life is fatigue life I guess. :pipe:

New spars are in stock. The BBMF Lanc was done a few years back. If there is enough money It's possible I suppose.

• Like 1

Already beaten to my choice/s but add +1 for the DH91 Albatross or a HP42, there was a proposed project to build an HP42, will have to check if the website is still going.

Glen.

Shackleton sparing would be fab, it's just money I guess. The thing is, when the Vulcan finally retires will there be a residual Vulcan effect? How many people have become aviation/preservation enthusiasts as a result of it? I doubt there will be the same impetus the Vulcan had, but the Shackleton must feature high on the public's list, it's related to the Lancaster, it's interesting and in engineering terms it's more straight forward than a Vulcan (sort of).

HP42 project, yeah, whatever happened to that? I'm nothing to do with it by the way, I chose my username very flippantly. Would love a model of one though, those Contrail ones come up very infrequently and at more than I want to spend. Who has the moulds? Thread creep.... :-)

Quite a few for me and they all have been mentioned in the above listings!

But what about WW1types? I don't mean scale replicas either!! Sopwith Camel would be one. They should be fairly easy to build as full scale replicas accurately!!! And what about other 'tween wars types. We have some of Hawkers finest but a Bulldog and Siskin would be entertaining at Shuttleworth and elsewhere.

AND.. as for WW2 types a Mustang III(P-51B in full RAF markings..for a change.....[i know there are a few in the US and we sometimes get Princess Elizabeth in USAAF markings overhere but .......] ......... preferaby a Polish unit ...like Stan Skalski's one with his impressive scoreboard!! I know its US built but its nearly British with British input...

Quite a few for me and they all have been mentioned in the above listings!

But what about WW1types? I don't mean scale replicas either!! Sopwith Camel would be one. They should be fairly easy to build as full scale replicas accurately!!! And what about other 'tween wars types. We have some of Hawkers finest but a Bulldog and Siskin would be entertaining at Shuttleworth and elsewhere.

AND.. as for WW2 types a Mustang III(P-51B in full RAF markings..for a change.....[i know there are a few in the US and we sometimes get Princess Elizabeth in USAAF markings overhere but .......] ......... preferaby a Polish unit ...like Stan Skalski's one with his impressive scoreboard!! I know its US built but its nearly British with Britist...

We have a gentleman from Greenville, PA who owned a perfectly restored Fokker Triplane and I visited his hanger one evening as he was restoring another rotary engine. I asked him what it was for, and he said, "a Sopwith Camel." I said to him to be careful - they're dangerous.

Fast forward years later... he crashed in a corn field, and luckily survived. He used to fly it and the triplane over my house.

BTW, he made the Pup for Peter Jackson in New Zealand.

Edited by blueliner

For me it would have to be any from the following list.

Civil

• Airspeed Ambassador
  • Britannia
  • Vanguard
  • Trident
  • BAC 1-11 - just for the memory of my Dad and the first time that he saw this take-off, he didn't stop talking about it for weeks afterwards.
  • Caravelle - not British but probably one of the nicest styled passenger aircraft ever, just love the triangular windows.

Military

• Lightning
  • Nimrod
  • Avro Arrow - another non British entry but a sister company to A V Roe

Forgot the Nimrod!

Nice.

Got to see this baby fly at the Cleveland and Dayton International Air Shows.

Too Cool.

I would actually like to see every type of aircraft ever flown in the air. Valkyrie, vulcan b1, victor b1, valiant, TSR-2 . Avro arrow, brabazon, horten 229, Stirling , halifax, Whitley, Botha, Ashton , comet, nimrod, f1-11, tomcat, swift, javelin, scimitar, wyvern, spiteful, kestrel, p1127, harrier gr1, blackbird, Jindivick, voodoo, phantom, starfighter, b-52 d, rotordyne, Belfast, Hastings, hp115, would do for a start and make a quite good airshow haha :)

• Like 1