Just another pony in the herd – F-6C (Arma Hobby 1:72)

2 hours ago, kelly9mm said:

not a glamorous fighter but a humble utility animal. F-6C - a reconnaissance version

Don't do down reconnaissance, it's the first ever function for military aircraft and remains the most important - without reconnaissance and the intelligence it provides, those "glamorous " fighters and everyone else would not know where their targets were, what the defences were like, etc etc.

That said, great model of a tac recce pony, well pesented; well done. :goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Excellent result 

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, Mark H2 said:

Thought it were 1/48th, great result at 1/72nd👍

Thanks! Generally I like 1:72 birds better, 1:48 are too easy 😁 (I simply have no room for them 😊).

3 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Beautifully painted, great scale effect, it looks like a much bigger scale, good job!!

Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

Don't do down reconnaissance, it's the first ever function for military aircraft and remains the most important - without reconnaissance and the intelligence it provides, those "glamorous " fighters and everyone else would not know where their targets were, what the defences were like, etc etc.

That said, great model of a tac recce pony, well pesented; well done. :goodjob:

It wasn't my intention to downplay the importance of reconnaissance which is a vital part of any military (and not only) system. But system relies on a collective effort, like a football team - everybody works hard for team's success but for some reason mostly (not always fortunately) strikers are the players who are remembered and celebrated later on. That's rather a subject for a philosophical discourse, I'm afraid.

Ad rem: thank you for your kind words - much appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Gogser1 said:

That’s fantastic, beautiful paintwork you’ve done there 😎

Thank you sir!

Marcin………ANOTHER outstanding presentation.  Very realistic which is what we have come to expect from you.  :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kelly9mm said:

It wasn't my intention to downplay the importance of reconnaissance which is a vital part of any military (and not only) system. But system relies on a collective effort, like a football team - everybody works hard for team's success but for some reason mostly (not always fortunately) strikers are the players who are remembered and celebrated later on. That's rather a subject for a philosophical discourse, I'm afraid.

You're right there, as a bit of a recce enthusiast I do tend to feel it's a rich and interesting subject area. But I don't wish to derail your thread, so I'll just reassure you that my intention was not to chastise you. :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

Really good job. The model and the base is very good.

Congratulations !!!

Andrés.

Thank you Andrés. The base is rather generic - I made a few such stands some time ago and re-use them frequently 😊.

7 hours ago, Mick Drover said:

Glorious stuff Marcin. I've built that kit and know how enjoyable it is to build. You've done a great job and th metal finish looks fantastic. Well done.

Yep, the kit is great. Thank you for for kind words.

4 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Marcin………ANOTHER outstanding presentation.  Very realistic which is what we have come to expect from you.  :like:

Mike

Thanks Mike, you are too kind. I'm glad you like it.

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

You're right there, as a bit of a recce enthusiast I do tend to feel it's a rich and interesting subject area. But I don't wish to derail your thread, so I'll just reassure you that my intention was not to chastise you. :)

It IS an interesting subject area I must admit that you've inspired me enough to change slightly plans about one my future projects. I'd like to build one of Mosquitos and now I'm thinking it's gonna be a photoreconnaissance version 😊.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kelly9mm said:

It IS an interesting subject area I must admit that you've inspired me enough to change slightly plans about one my future projects. I'd like to build one of Mosquitos and now I'm thinking it's gonna be a photoreconnaissance version 😊.

Have fun :pilot:

• Thanks 1

Very nice work Marcin. I personally like the panel shade variances. Sometimes a bit of “artistic license” over accuracy, can add depth and visual interest to the finish and can set your pony apart from the others in the herd. Great work!

• Thanks 1

Lovely work, in particular I like the weathering on the prop. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

On 23/03/2024 at 11:21, MikeC said:

Have fun :pilot:

On 23/03/2024 at 13:05, PATRICK FROM THE SANDS said:

A masterpiece, il est magnifique! superb 1/72eme! 

Merci beaucoup!

On 23/03/2024 at 13:48, 2996 Victor said:

Beautiful work, absolutely stunning!

Thank you Mark, glad you like it!

4 hours ago, Wayne B said:

Very nice work Marcin. I personally like the panel shade variances. Sometimes a bit of “artistic license” over accuracy, can add depth and visual interest to the finish and can set your pony apart from the others in the herd. Great work!

Thank you. That's exactly my way of thinking 🙂

51 minutes ago, srkirad said:

Simply beautiful - painting is first class, and gave a kit the sense of much bigger scale!

Thanks a lot. The kit itself is magnificent with lots of fine details.

48 minutes ago, JWFP said:

Lovely work, in particular I like the weathering on the prop. Thanks for sharing.

The pleasure is mine!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Wow!! Simply fantastic. Outstanding finish. Looks great in french markings too! :goodjob:

Thank you Miguel. In France everything is about the look, n'est-ce pas?

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

That’s a real stunner! Very nice.

Thanks, glad you like it!

3 hours ago, kapam said:

A top notch build!

The multi-hued metal finish is fantastic.

👏👏👏👏

Thanks. I love playing with NMF. Sometimes even with some success 😁...

• Like 2