Jump to content

srkirad

Gold Member
  • Posts

    509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

5 Followers

About srkirad

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Belgrade, Serbia

Recent Profile Visitors

728 profile views

srkirad's Achievements

Obsessed Member

Obsessed Member (4/9)

1.9k

Reputation

  1. Gustav is now basically ready for primering - only to mask cockpit and landing gear. Landing gear is, like all of this kit, engineered to be assembled like LEGO - everything fits perfectly, BUT, as landing gear legs roots are having strong fit into the wings, and are being masked with bottom fuselage panel, they MUST be fitted before final painting, which I don't prefer, but it is like it is, so there will be a bit more careful masking around this area... In few days I plan start of painting process, beginning with primer and preshading... these days is a real hell on Balkans regarding to temperatures, so it's pretty annoying and tiring to work anything of scalemodelling Spinner is already painted into RLM 70, while I chose to paint that 1/4 of it into white instead of using given decal - on reference photos spinner is seen to have soft edges of white area, which isn't case with decal, so I again used Ammo Scratches Chipping fluid to make a little worn-out look... Cheers, S.
  2. Well, thanks @Wez, @John Masters and @RidgeRunner for organizing this GB - it was pretty fun. I had a feeling it would be a bit tight in the end regarding the deadline, but I've managed to finish that oldy in time. Thanks also to all of voters and of course to all of participants - let's move on to some other chapter of GBs - so many beautiful plastic awaits for us to assemble and have fun! :) Cheers and regards, Srđan
  3. A bit more progress IJA Grey.... Cheers, S.
  4. Decals are on... some of them were breaking in half probably due to the older age, but I've managed to save them.. However, upper wing decals were a bit nasty to position, especially near the rear of fuselage... I've tried to paintbrush correct those lines and this is the best I've managed to do I'll try to mask this not so great look with slightly lighter shade of grey wash... Next set of photos will probably be the one with finished model... Cheers, S.
  5. I've applied primer (Mr. Surfacer 1200) and preshading (RLM66)... Cheers, S.
  6. I've been lost mojo for continuation of works on this one, but the mojo is back so I continued where I've stopped. Decals (Moskva) were applied some time ago, and today I've finally did the chipping, using Ammo Mig Scratch fluid. White used for this occasion was Vallejo Air because it stays "chippable" longer than Gunze acryllics - probably because Vallejo colors are waterbased... Next step is protective gloss coat (in few days), and than some weathering is to be done... Cheers, S.
  7. From white plastic to grey primer... to white color... Cheers, S.
  8. Yeah, I know, me too. It's funny, but during assembling wings and fuselage I had a few moments of not being sure how to attach wings... somehow brain tells you "put them in natural position", but they are supposed to be like this I must admit it was pretty ackward situation, unknown in previous scale modeling life of mine
  9. Nice job Lanmi, pretty clever and logical solution for opening up those frontal and rear areas as well as wheel bays - now the kit look pretty more "serious". Was it a nostalgic feeling having a go again with school saw? Looking forward to future progress, keep the mojo up! Cheers, S.
  10. Oh nice, as we are both doing the same kit, it's nice to see you've chosen other camo scheme, as I've planned to do the one with "eyes" Good job so far Roberto. Cheers, S.
  11. Some more progress today - fuselage halves are glued together, and also cowling halves. Cockpit is assembled also - it will be glued to the fuselage soon, I have to sand away few minor joins on nose and tail area. I've drilled exhaust pipes with modelling knife in order for them to look more realistic... Cheers, S.
  12. Somehow unnoticeable, while working on other projects at the same time, assembling went pretty smoothly, and voila - here it is, ready for the primer! I've glued rudder moved a bit to the left side, because fit wasn't really perfect, but also I've wanted to give that part of fuselage a bit of "motion", when rudder was given as separate part already Tail wheel will probably also be glued a bit to the left, I'll decide on it in the end... Cheers, S.
  13. Sorry for not writing so long - was being busy with Boomerang in Texan STGB @Col. Compressor is up and running well for few weeks already - everything turned out well with repair - Bison Epoxy Metal is really great stuff! In the meantime, I've painted and detailed cockpit, and now it's ready for further assembling, so more photos to arrive soon Cheers, S.
  14. I was busy finishing Boomerang in Texan GB, but assembling of fuselage, wings and other smaller bits on X-29 was also in the process, but I didn't take photos, so here we are after primer - Mr. Surfacer 1200. Cheers, S.
  15. Airfix 1/72 CA-13 Boomerang - Gunze acrylics - Artistic oils wash Cheers, S.
×
×
  • Create New...