1/72 Meteor TT Mk 20

Hi All, I had almost convinced myself that at 74 years old  1/72 models were too small for tired eyes  then along comes Special Hobby with this little gem an aircraft I have wanted to model for many years in fact I have the C scale conversion from many years ago squirreled away in a safe place! The kit is beautifully engraved and has amazing cockpit detail as well as wheel bays. It does need very careful assembly and there are small amounts of flash and mould lines to remove. I found the engine bulkheads needed their diameters reduced before the wings would close up flush but generally the parts fit was very good. Painted in a mix of Tamiya acrylics and Revell Aqua then for the first time I used an AK panel line wash, The decals are very thin and settled down well but they need to be treated with care or they can fold over on themselves. Very pleased with the end result so maybe I can dig some more 1/72 kits out of the pile what do you think?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 65
  • Thanks 3

Lovely job, particularly like the diagonal striping on the underside. Just out of interest, what's the 'bomb' looking thing attached to the upper starboard wing - it looks like some form of wind powered generator ?

• Thanks 1

Now this is sweet! :thumbsup:

I have just received this kit in the mail, so seeing it built this well is a true inspiration! :D

I can just hope that mine will end up as good as yours! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans j

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Airbusboy said:

Lovely job, particularly like the diagonal striping on the underside. Just out of interest, what's the 'bomb' looking thing attached to the upper starboard wing - it looks like some form of wind powered generator ?

It's the winch for deploying and recovering the  targets

A lovely build of an interesting Meatbox variant. Very impressed also by the careful and accurate painting of the striped undersides - well done!

Mark

• Thanks 1

I think you could definitely stick with 1/72. First of all, this is a superbly made model. And the object is also interesting. I especially like this long canopy.

Kk

• Thanks 1

That's an absolutely cracking build of the Meatbox. I do love the long nose variants and the TT20 especially. I built the NF version some time ago and thought it was a lovely kit apart from the engine to wing assembly... but that may have been me! Thanks for sharing the pics! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MODeller said:

Very pleased with the end result so maybe I can dig some more 1/72 kits out of the pile what do you think?

You should!
Well done and welcome back to the "one true scale"

• Thanks 1

Nice work - for a youngster! When you are my age it's not seeing the tiny parts, it's not being able to handle them. Make the most of the time you still have the ability to produce work like that.

Have you got one of the magnifying lenses with ring light built in? Worth every penny

John

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John R said:

Nice work - for a youngster! When you are my age it's not seeing the tiny parts, it's not being able to handle them. Make the most of the time you still have the ability to produce work like that.

Have you got one of the magnifying lenses with ring light built in? Worth every penny

John

Yes I have the rectangular version absolutely indispensable once you are over 50 !!