A tale of two Tomcats - GWH 1:72 F-14D buddy build

About a year ago, me and my buddy Mitja decided, we should build the same kit from our stash but do it in our own ways - we picked GWH F-14D in 1:72 and picked VF-101 Grim reapers squadron, me going high vis, Mitja low vis. There was some aftermarket used - I used metal pitot tube, resin wheels and burner cans, while Mitja went with wheels and ejection seats. For the purposes of my vignette I also used excellent Reedoak figures. 

My vignette is called "Last season, baby!" and shows preseason photo shoot of one of the two display aircraft for the last Tomcat airshow season in 2004.

Happy New Year!

DSC_0654-X3.jpg

DSC_0657-X3.jpg

DSC_0643-X3.jpg

DSC_0646-X3.jpg

DSC_0648-X3.jpg

F-14D-12-X3.jpg

F-14D-1-X3.jpg

F-14D-3-X3.jpg

F-14D-7-X3.jpg

F-14D-15-X3.jpg

Edited by InFlames
  • Like 49
  • Thanks 2

Fantastic builds!  The Tomcat is my favourite aircraft and the Grim Reapers my favourite squadron. I attended the 2004 Oceana Air Show, great times.  I really miss seeing the big cat fly.    

Edited by Tomcat101
spelling error
  • Like 1

Nice couple of Tomcats, and I really liked the Fallon diorama, thank you for sharing your images. It's a shame that the F-14 was obsoleted when it was at its most lethal. 

• Like 1

Thanks again!

On 1/1/2024 at 1:26 PM, Billy54 said:

Nice couple of Tomcats, and I really liked the Fallon diorama, thank you for sharing your images. It's a shame that the F-14 was obsoleted when it was at its most lethal. 

I totally agree. Sunset at the peak performance and so much upgrade potential...

• Like 1