Mikro-Mir 1/72 & 1/48 Bristol Belvedere

wellsprop

• wellsprop changed the title to Mikro-Mir 1/?? Bristol Belvedere
13 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Just had a pm chat with Sergey, possible a turbine Westland Whirlwind Mk.10 as well!

Mike

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235119790-172-westland-whirlwind-helicopter/

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mikro.mir.dnepr/posts/4559298530814514

AMP Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw/Whirlwind 1/48

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Just had a pm chat with Sergey, possible a turbine Westland Whirlwind Mk.10 as well!

Mike

Their 1:48 S.55/Whirlwind project seems to have gone very quiet lately, is there any news on that?

1:48 Belvedere would be very welcome!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• wellsprop changed the title to Mikro-Mir 1/72 Bristol Belvedere
36 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

Confirmed 1/72 scale,

More than happy with this! I have an Airfix one in the stash which I occasionally take out, see how much work is needed to refine it and then promptly return it to the stash.

Mark.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Confirmed 1/72 scale, 1/48 seems unlikely (not a surprise, that'd be a very large model indeed). 

And confirmed in 48th, it really isn't a large aircraft, it's roughly 10ft shorter than a Buccaneer or Phantom, very slightly longer than a Chinook, and considerably narrower, so not a lot of plastic relatively speaking.  This will go so well with Mikromir/AMP Sycamore and HUP Retrievers.  

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 71chally said:

very slightly longer than a Chinook, and considerably narrower

Interestingly Chinook, Shawnee and Belvedere are all almost the same fuselage length of ~16 meters but Chinook seems a much larger helicopter because of its much more massive fuselage. Surprisingly Chinook is much smaller compared to a Sea Stallion. And the last interesting fact - Soviet Yak-24 was 1.5 times larger than Shawnee or Chinook (but not at all successful probably right vecause of oversize).

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

Don't know why, but the title clearly said Bristol Belvedere, but my mind read Blackburn Beverley. I've calmed down now so I'll happily take a Belvedere and keep dreaming of a Beverley. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Don't know why, but the title clearly said Bristol Belvedere, but my mind read Blackburn Beverley. I've calmed down now so I'll happily take a Belvedere and keep dreaming of a Beverley. 

Makes me think how a Beverley-Belvedere hybrid could look like. Is it a Fairey Rotodyne?

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Haha 2

• wellsprop changed the title to Mikro-Mir 1/72& 1/48 Bristol Belvedere
  • wellsprop changed the title to Mikro-Mir 1/72 & 1/48 Bristol Belvedere