Eduard Fw 190A-8 JG300

fmichelsen

Thanks alot for all the nice comments, really motivates me to move on. 
After a really fast start, I've had a few days where there was no time for building. 
But now the schedule had opened up, and I've finished the decals. It went on fine, with only one of them cracked up a bit, got it fixed, but it ended up a little bit out of angle..  But its okay, I learned something new :) I had to use some other decals for the crosses on the fuselage. The drawings from aeromaster clearly shows the fuselage crosses as beeing only a white cross, with fuselage color showing through, but those supplied from Aeromaster had a black cross. I had some spare decals from en FW190 A5 I've build, and they worked fine :) Here are som pictures, the clear is still wet ;) 

y4mR-bwm-Upl9kLbpip-ZFeisjmUvHmppWfA1PFo

y4mursA1TCKxd697gHD9-4lCiU8gjWgDVN5WyjUo 

• Like 12

Thanks alot for all the nice comments. 

I finished the aircraft a couple of days ago, just havent had the time to post it here.

This must have been one of my fastest ever build, 2,5 week from box to finished model. 

Here are som pictures :)

y4mBnzdp5Qv1D32qYD99B0Cbbo8IOCEZGPzv4Dz-

y4mWNvYIvKfDKPkntimb1VjpubqwJpybnGwzEF3r

https://db3pap006files.storage.live.com/y4mRoLp6XicIDdZuVNfoNGDckDpqbKFLVcNUmEHr3YBAjtHFfxXtft7pfef2XbyJJqG0PyCT78kuQ1vIvEkzoDaIAlv4p5zjtxPhrAkSXOQfglp2ZseGq7kAKPkiFW6wlpIJ3ZCrONrPwIpaG6Io0B6OPi7FPwH5h-4YAecmWBohBdblJ_mTsYCENOS6gSFsoR5?width=2000&height=1500&cropmode=none 

• Like 11

Great result!

Btw.: The antenna on aircraft with the blown hood should be sagging when the hood is open. The older, flat canopy had a rolling mechanism for the antenna wire, the blown hood did not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Great result!

Btw.: The antenna on aircraft with the blown hood should be sagging when the hood is open. The older, flat canopy had a rolling mechanism for the antenna wire, the blown hood did not.

Ahhh - damn. But thank you, I'll try to remember it on my next build :)

• Like 1

On 12/02/2023 at 11:49, VolkerR. said:

Volker is correct that the early aircraft with flat sided canopies had an internal pulley system to keep the antenna wire tight, but in the last year of the war some of the early FW 190D-9 aircraft with flat sided canopies did not have the pulley tightening equipment either  With these and blown canopies just fix the antenna wire with the canopy in the closed position and then move the canopy to the open position and you have a correctly sagging antenna.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:51 AM, Retired Bob said:

Volker is correct that the early aircraft with flat sided canopies had an internal pulley system to keep the antenna wire tight, but in the last year of the war some of the early FW 190D-9 aircraft with flat sided canopies did not have the pulley tightening equipment either  With these and blown canopies just fix the antenna wire with the canopy in the closed position and then move the canopy to the open position and you have a correctly sagging antenna.

Thank you. I do hope to make one more FW 190 before this STGB ends, so I'll keep that tip in mind :)