Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

fmichelsen's Achievements

Established Member

Established Member (3/9)



  1. What a amazing build! It just looks brillant what you made
  2. I did completely forget to put this one up. It has been finished for a few weeks, if not a month I'm pleased with the result, but I'm however there are som issues here and there. But I think it suits my Iranian airfleet
  3. Time just flies I've painted the beast, and given it a clear cloak. However, just as much as I enjoy AK real colours, I dont like their gloss varnish. It hardens incredibly fast, but it's just not smooth enough. Maybe I'm doing something wrong I'm have been in the long proces of putting on decals, and the aftermarket stencils, there is just so many. Both sides, and top is now done - pylons, fueltanks and belly to be done. I think it will turn out good after all
  4. Yes I've read that somewhere as well
  5. Got the rest of the kit put together and made some preshading with black paint. AND - my decals arrived today A bit yellow'ish - hopefully it wont be to bad.
  6. It is OK I guess. some things are quite good and decent, others are not. But for a 1/72 scale model, I think it looks good. The fuselage, engines and wing had very good fit, needing nearly no filler. til vertikal stabilizer however... But considering the price of the kit it is fine My biggest concern ATM is the poorly detailed wheelwells.
  7. Still going strong This kit does not have great fit, and the instructions are not good either. But slowly it comes together. There's going to be used some mr. surfacer soon to cover to gaps over the exhaust, and the rings in front of the intakes.
  8. Yes, that was a bit annoying.. But I have ordered the Linder hill now, så hopefully they will arrive soon - the build continues
  9. Thank you, but it turns out that it might be a bit problematic one. Apparrantly it did never exist in that scheme, it is a fault. So now I have a problem, since I don't have the spares to make "a real one". I've seen Linden hill makes a set, where "Black 54" is a part of it. Maybe I'll have to buy that then.
  10. The assembling of the cockpit has begun. It is very sparse, few raised detail on the sides of the tub and something on the sides of the fuselage. To be able to install the seat, I removed the original seat rest on the button, and made a new, slightly lower, I did also remove the consol in which the controllever would sit, because otherwise the seat would'nt fit. Then I had to fit the "top" on the instrumentpanel, and I just can't see how Zvezda have intended one to do it. My solution was to make it hallow, so it would fit over the IP. So far, this kit look like its gonna be a challenging one The 'pit' with my homemade seatraiser The Pavla resin seat - look good to me The "top" hallowed out
  11. The Su 25 have always caught my eye, and I can't really explain why. Maybe I just think it looks brutal, specially when full loaded. I'm planning to make this kit as a Iranian Su-25, well-armed with rocket pods. The decals and instructions says it's overside is painted in FS20400 (sand from asia minor) and FS 20117 (a red/brown colour I dont know?) and the underside is painted in FS35414 (a blue'ish green). I think this is the Iraqi colours, but dont really know, so if someone know, please let me know I was planning on doing it in "full" Asia minor minor scheme (Sand,brown,green and grey), maybe I'm still going with that plan, because I supposed I can used the same decals, since the ID number for the aircraft does'nt change if the plane gets a new colour coat? Anyways, the kit does look fine, not much flash, the panellines is a bit crude to my eyes, but not the worst I've come across Looking forward to see how it comes together - lets get started The kit: The aftermarket parts (Rocket pods, mask, seat, stencils and pitottube): The sprues: The decals:
  12. So thing suddenly went fast, and the model is now finished The kit was just sublime, so many fine details, very good, crips panellines. Cant really put my fingers on anything. I however have to find myself a new clear coat, then one I'm working with at the moment is'nt working for me, always small issues, but this time it just wasnt coming together as I wanted it. As a result there is some weathering under both "71" marks, which didnt become really obvious until the matt coat Anyways, I think it look good enough to place on my shelf Here are some pictures of the completed model:
  13. yes. most of them are on now, got some hours of work on it done today
  14. Paintwork finished. Small spots to fix, but overall I'm pleased! The modelmaster green is VERY matt, and the AK grey is slightly gloss, looks a bit wierd at the moment I think But it will proberly not be something to notice later Paint used is: Model master FS34087 olivedrab AK real colours FS 36118 medium gunship grey AK real colours white and black for stribes AK real colour Zinc chromate yellow for wheelwells and doors
  15. A little update! Everything is now build (not assemble, but cut from sprue, and ready for paint ) The set have been a complete joy to build, no filler have been used at all. Compared to my latest build (a KP su 22) this was very good for my modelbuilding mojo The plane - with a lumb of "gum" to protect the painted engine The loose parts The build as it was last night White has been applied for stripes, then masked off, ready for black. The painting guide says the stripes have to be 2,8 mm - I didnt have tape at that dimension offcourse, so it was a bit tedious making it, but think it will be good
  • Create New...