Hi there

Here are some pictures of my 1/72 Seafang recently completed.

A number of changes were made to the AZ plastic parts in the kit. The following parts were stolen from. Special Hobby Seafire FR 47:

Spinner and propellers, spinner tip shortened by 2 mm

Cylinder head covers

Carburetter intake

Complete tail section and tail wheel

SBS exhausts and cannons were used as well as Barracuda Resin wheels Plastic card undercarriage doors were made. Decals came from Modeldecal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here are 2 pictures with the Seafang and an Airfix Mk 1 Spitfire I built at the same time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Regards Toby

PS There is a build thread as well but my linking skills are not too good.

Edited by Planebuilder62
typos corrected
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 10:03 AM, Planebuilder62 said:

PS There is a build thread as well but my linking skills are not too good.

That'd be this one. Linking easy peasy. High light the thread address (URL) at top of page, right click this & hit copy, then come to the page you want to link it from, ie, this one, High light the text you want to refer to your link, as I did with the first four words at the beginning of this line, left click on the chain link symbol at the top of the reply box, 8th from the left & right click the url box in the window that pops up & hit paste to put the url into there. Then click insert into post. Job done.

Your Seafang looks beaut, that really was a job of work you've done on it. I enjoyed the WiP.

Steve.

6 hours ago, CJP said:

would love to see pictures of the Seafang but I also only see spacer.png - anyone know why this is?

Yes, the OP's photo host is having security certificate issues. There's a couple of threads about it on BM already. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Click the spacer link, then on the next page click the tiny icon in the middle of the page and the picture will appear.

Thanks SAT69 I appreciate the tip and that worked for me on the Seafang RFI photos - I find that it doesn't work on some other modeller's posts where I see the spacer.png

On 2/3/2022 at 1:11 PM, davmarx said:

Right click the "spacer link" then select "open in a new window", it works to me.

Yay! I found the photos. Thanks Dav.

The Seafang and the Spitfire are grand. Well build and cleanly painted. Good stuff!

Sorry it took me so long to comment.

• Like 1