Flying Monster of Afghanistan...Amodel Soviet Mil Mi-10, 1980s...

Spent an hour or so attaching the fuel pods.  Not so hard.  A little drilling, some trimming of the struts.  The struts need paint still.  I am waiting for the CA to cure.

50169243948_b58339c0fb_c_d.jpg

I am ready to paint the big blades!  I will make it so I can remove them and be able to store this in a cabinet.  They are carefully shaped so they slide into the rotor assembly snugly, but not so tight that I cannot take them out.  Someday when I have a big enough space I will display it in full feather!  Note that the rear rotor snapped off...oh well.  It's an easy fix.  The only things left are decals and some tiny support struts for the front of the platform and a few antennae that, I think, are actually anti-static/lightning rods that poke out of the the nose like whiskers.

50169785436_4272ae58ef_k_d.jpg

--John

• Like 8

I decided to take care of some decals, paint the rotors and give some dry brushed metal to some of the struts and the fuel pods.

Inexpensive painting tape is the way to go...Gave them a black edge...

50170091723_695a98f593_k_d.jpg

Like so.  I left the blades primer grey and gave them a light brushing of aluminum.  I don't think you can see that.

50170091593_c036ac8d92_k_d.jpg

The decals were not so great.  Typical Amodel 'very thing and very fragile' routine.  Luckily I was given two sheets of the same set.  I needed it on the starboard '72' when the decal folded over on itself.  No recovery.  Some stencils, a star or two...It's beginning to look the part!

50170893282_764d97749a_k_d.jpg

50170634461_29e192b42f_k_d.jpg

Radio antennae and I'm done.

--John

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

as there is no way you could find a display cabinet big enough for it with them in one piece.

Thanks.  

Unless of course I move into a new home and have a custom cabinet built for it...then I would have a lot of room!  

• Like 1

I'm calling this one finished.  I attached the whisker's last night and touched up the paint this morning around half-7.  The decals are not so shiny so i am not going to add a layer of varnish.  I really need to move along!  Still, I am quite pleased with this wee beastie!  That's a surplus artillery tractor being lifted out of harms way!

50172993207_2bbcfa1fbd_c_d.jpg

50172193713_fc1a34f332_c_d.jpg

Phew!  Done.  The rest are in the gallery...

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well this turned out Big and quite good looking. 

Thanks Dennis.  It really does look like a helicopter!

6 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

What a beast! 

Thanks Dermo.  Tell me about it.  This build tried my emotional well-being for some reason.  

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

she really has turned out very nicely.

Thanks MM...

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great build. You must be happy with that dude. 

Thanks Hockeyboy.  I am happy with it and happy to move along to something else.  For some reason it tested my patience and endurance.  I almost gave up several times.  Glad I did not!

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Outstanding!

Thank you zebra.  

On 31/07/2020 at 11:15, John Masters said:

I'm calling this one finished.  I attached the whisker's last night and touched up the paint this morning around half-7.  The decals are not so shiny so i am not going to add a layer of varnish.  I really need to move along!  Still, I am quite pleased with this wee beastie!  That's a surplus artillery tractor being lifted out of harms way!

50172993207_2bbcfa1fbd_c_d.jpg

50172193713_fc1a34f332_c_d.jpg

Phew!  Done.  The rest are in the gallery...

John , you've obviously gone and  photographed this  one next to your 1/100  collection, it looks totally overscale ,😂,

I like it!👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

I like it!👍

Thanks!  I am actually surprised at how small it looks next to the Frogfoot.  

5 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I'd be afraid of snapping off the legs!

Yes.  Thanks Pete!  I am not moving it now.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...