The Night Believes it is Endless (1/72 Lysander III)

6 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

If needed, I'm willing to sacrifice a small mammal to the styrene gods, to insure your move goes smoothly.

I hope you mean you're going to roast a chicken for supper!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I only laugh because I know you jest with such talk. 

You wish!

You haven't seen my Christmas present from my eldest daughter's boyfriend. It was made locally by a friend of his.

49614373503_060bc6d122_c.jpg

Chris

• Like 5

21 hours ago, dogsbody said:

If needed, I'm willing to sacrifice a small mammal to the styrene gods, to insure your move goes smoothly.

If you're really doing it for me, make it a bird.

Three hours until closing on the new house. Right now the lawyer should be signing off on our old house's sale. 

As usual, nothing has gone totally smoothly for us. I don't think I've mentioned Mrs P's hydrangeas, but she had a cluster of them planted on a large mound of dirt abutting the back of the old house. Now, this clump of dirt was a problem; it caused water to seep into the house in the summer, it was unsightly, and it made it hard to mow the back. None of this affected Mrs P, not even the hydrangeas, since she did absolutely nothing to maintain them, but reacted with sadness intertwined with rage at any suggestion of getting rid of them and the mound of dirt. They would need to be dug up and replanted. Not by her, you understand, but by me. I did not and do not care for hydrangeas, which, like most flowers, I'm allergic to. My goal was merely to get rid of the dirt mound as expeditiously as possible.

Anyway, one of the best things about selling our house was that those bloody hydrangeas weren't my problem anymore...except that then my mother (a master at making promises others will have to keep) "volunteered" my dad to go dig them up for Mel and replant them at the new house. Only thing was, he was digging them up during the final walkthrough, and we got a text from the realtor asking why a strange man was digging up our bushes, which, since they weren't specifically mentioned in our contract, are part of the landscape and cannot be removed from the property. So Mrs P had to drive over at 10 at night and replant them herself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 25

Before I moved west 40 years ago, I worked in the local greenhouses for 5.5 years. They were the largest growers east of Montreal. I've had close up and personal experience with hydrangeas. I frikkin' hate them. Having one in your back yard is one thing, but being in a greenhouse with 10,000 of the damned things is too much.

Thank you for the horrible memory. I may have to start drinking early today!

Chris

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Hi PC,

I hope that by now it is all completed and you are the proud new owner of Hedgehog Hall/Dunfillin/Dunsandin or whatever you decide to call it

So you've had to leave the hydrangeas behind? Good show! Wonder if the doves will stay there too - are there such things as Homing Doves?

All the very best in your new place!

Have fun fitting out your new den/grotto......

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, perdu said:

I will bet he dreads 'Homing Hydrangeas' more than blithering doves

I mean, a hydrangea, what earthly use is one?

Coming soon to a theater near you: "Star Trek: The Wrath of Hydrangea."

• Haha 9

Could have been worse. They could have been lupins.

You'd get Dennis Moore riding around the garden.*

(*Python, just in case you didn't know) (You really should though!)

• Haha 11

41 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Could have been worse. They could have been lupins.

In a bunch, in a bunch.  I happen to know that this is the lupin express.

( I haven't said that for years)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hope the move went OK PC.  I appreciate that if it didn't go to plan you will no doubt regale us of the trials and tribulations in your usual erudite manner. Much as this would be entertaining for us, I do hope it went off without a hitch. And you are already sizing up the new grotto. 

Very briefly: I am no longer homeless, but am a resident in stately Chateau Hedgehog, which as it isn't drafty, is rather warmer than I'm used to being. 

Our "hilarious" misadventures continue, including but not limited to having to jump-start the prior owner's car so that he could leave what was now our property. More later.

Here is The Grotto Mark II, before stuff started getting unpacked in the basement. The outlets are very old and will need to be replaced before I can connect my surge protector. Big news: I'm getting a TV in the grotto now, and a region-free blu-ray player, so I can watch gems like this.

Grotto Mark II

• Like 29

Good news PC - now that's what I call a man cave!

"2019 After the Fall of New York" - WHAT! Is that 'fake news' or did I miss it last year? :D  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Coming soon to a theater near you: "Star Trek: The Wrath of Hydrangea."

Was she the Lonerangea’s sister?

[Mine’s the jedi cloak on the end hook]

• Haha 12

Colour me amazingly jealous, what a haven from the wrath of Hydrangea

Obviously a little work to do including finding the rest of the drawers for your new cupboards but hey, wow

Well done PC, you found a great place in Chateau Hedgehog

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

No, that was Tontina. ......Taxi for one

I knew her!

Well at least I knew a very large lady called Tina. Close enough for me.

Congrats on the move PC, and even more so on the wonderful new grotto. Does it have childproof (and Mrs proof) locks?

Ian

Ian

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Well at least I knew a very large lady called Tina. Close enough for me.

If she weighed close on a ton and called you Kimosabi then that was her. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Always carried a trunk but never traveled? I think I saw her in a zoo.

In a similar vein, what's small, grey and has a trunk?

A mouse with a suitcase.

Where's that taxi?

• Haha 3

I can't leave you people unsupervised for one second.

Grotto unpacking began tonight. Everything we own is once again in our house, so now it should be a brisk six months before it's all out of boxes.

IMG_20200306_225854

• Like 30