How about a "What makes you happy" thread?

lasermonkey

2 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Could be worse Roger, could be gnawing your plastic.  :wtf:

And the traditional Scottish greeting, Happy New Year when it arrives.

Precautions have been taken Bob, however from bitter experience I know you only need drop your guard for a second. 

All the best for 2020 from our side of the park to yours. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John_W said:

Looks suspiciously like a Patterdale Terrier?

A cunning disguise John. Her father is a Red Lab and mother is a Rottweiler/Border Collie X.

In these days of made up dog breeds (is this so we don't upset them by calling them mongrels?) you could say she's a Border Labrottie. 😄

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Precautions have been taken Bob, however from bitter experience I know you only need drop your guard for a second. 

My Irish Setter would be jealous of me spending time modelling so he took bits, I would be tidying up the garden and find chewed 1/48 wheels and ejection seats etc.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

(is this so we don't upset them by calling them mongrels?)

I don't get upset by calling them mongrels - their owners on the other hand, having spent an awful lot of money on their precious hybrid, get rather vexed!

I used to have a rescue poodle/wire-haired terrier mongrel, I used to refer to her as an Abyssinian Wired-Haired Tripehound, she looked just like this one - lovely, sweet tempered dog she was too!

• Haha 3

A more up to date photo of Grace, the first of 2020. A few weeks down the line from the previous one, she now looks like she's wearing her legs in for a baby 🦒.

More stuff chewed but still making us happy. 😄

20200101-073433.jpg

15 weeks 6 days old.

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, me and the Wonderful Mrs Wez went to our equally wonderful daughter's graduation ceremony to see her receive her Masters degree. It was a joyous occasion with the families and friends cheering and clapping, a very uplifting day.

Great to see young and old alike being rewarded for their hard work.

• Like 10

Cleaning out a cupboard this afternoon, looking for something completely different, I discovered a pile of reference material that I thought I'd lost forever - that somehow had gone astray when I moved up here from Sydney in 2015.  Much rejoicing, particularly because most of it is stuff that I know I'd never be able to replace. The scanner will be working overtime when my computer finally comes home from hospital!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

When it's not been bucketing down with rain I've been rewarded with a steadily lightening sky on my commute to work, it's quite light by the time I arrive.  Driving home in the light is utter bliss!

I know a lot of people look forward to the lighter evenings but this time of the year I look forward to commuting in the light in both directions which means I'm looking forward more to the lighter mornings.  Later in the year I'll be enjoying the longer evenings!  Fickle?  Me??

• Like 1

After experiencing an absolute :poop:year, it was really good to get the news that we got yesterday. Following my wife's colonoscopy, she was given the all clear and the hospital doesn't want to see her for another three years. Just as well as the procedure that she had to endure the day before is not pleasant. Anyone who has had the "pleasure" of taking Fleet will know what I'm talking about.

John. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

If Fleet is anything like the iodine based radioactive stuff taken to make your innards shine on an X-ray I can sympathise fully, it was disgusting.

Thanks John. I've had the stuff myself so I know that it is truly disgusting. But oh boy! does it clear you out. It takes about an hour to work, but once it does, don't let anyone get between you and the toilet. And that goes on for about the next three hours. And just to make sure, you have to repeat it again the next morning. Oh deep joy!

John.

23 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It takes about an hour to work, but once it does, don't let anyone get between you and the toilet. And that goes on for about the next three hours. And just to make sure, you have to repeat it again the next morning. Oh deep joy!

Cheers John that's made my day(not),i'm in for a MRI scan on monday week and they mention that in the leaflet....

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Cheers John that's made my day(not),i'm in for a MRI scan on monday week and they mention that in the leaflet....

Sorry about that Vince. I didn't know that you would have to have Fleet for an MRI scan. In fact (and I have no medical knowledge here), I've never heard of it before for an MRI. You have to have it for a colonoscopy because the camera needs a clear view, so any unmentionables would foul up the lens. If the insides weren't cleared out properly, instead of having a nice sharp photo of the intestines, there would be endless photos of Richard lll, etc!!

John.

• Like 2

Now what makes me happy.

It happened once I craved for some one to say that my model was absolutely perfect.

She came into my model room & stood there. Memorized I thought that is nice.

She said that is fantastic absolutely perfect. Wow I thought.

Then my wife said could you now come & peel the potatoes.

Laurie

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, hairystick said:

Rain!!!

At last!

Almost a month & a half without any, but we had a lovely day with decent passing showers yesterday. Many folks on tank water will be happy as well.

Crazy world.

Some in England have been flooded out houses devastated cleaned up & flooded again days after.

Now there is another lot on the way going to be dumped.

Remarkable I live in Jersey, Channel Isles & almost everything has passed us by. Charmed life Charmed Island. We normally catch it as there is a 3000 mile fetch between us & America.

Laurie

22 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Sorry about that Vince. I didn't know that you would have to have Fleet for an MRI scan. In fact (and I have no medical knowledge here), I've never heard of it before for an MRI. You have to have it for a colonoscopy because the camera needs a clear view, so any unmentionables would foul up the lens. If the insides weren't cleared out properly, instead of having a nice sharp photo of the intestines, there would be endless photos of Richard lll, etc!!

John.

Tbh i don't think it's the same but it acts as a laxative for up to 24hrs according to the letter and makes my insides glow so the scanner gets a detailed scan,woopflippineee.....

• Like 1