**Racing GB - have 30 and still counting!

trickyrich

Would love to join in on this...I have a number of racing planes laying about half built and just today got the first test shot of the Bugatti 100P in 1/24th scale built up...glad to be done with it and getting it into production.Might have to do a DH-88 Comet like this to 1/24th soon, it's a very nice scale to work in for smaller aircraft.

Test%20build%201_zpsf8k78juc.jpg

• Like 1

Count me in please, just joined the forum so hopefully I can learn from some of the other builders, when would this build start.

First, we have to reach the magic number of 30 [or more] who say they'll take part.

When this is reached it goes into a voting poll against other potential GBs in November/December.

If, thats if, it wins through then the wonderful Mish will allocate it a set of dates during next year.

Ok welcome aboard everyone, you've been added.

Well after much hair pulling and going over the list multiple times it looks like we have finally got the magic 30!!!! :yahoo: And the #30 member has a most appropriate name for this GB, hopefully a good omen! Though I do hope someone will check this as it’s doing my head in!! :wacko:

Thanks RobG, I've added you as Co-Host, at this rate I’ll need it!

So now we have the numbers, and am happy to get more, we now go to that most frightening of events.........the 2016 VOTING!!!!

:door:

Now we have to get the numbers, so spread the word and keep the interest up. There will be no gratuitous pictures of racing vehicles or Pit Girls ( or boys, equal opportunity GB here) to stir interest..........unless asked for!!

1, trickyrich - host

2, Paul J

3, kwaterous

4, Bengalensis

5, Black Knight

6, gingerbob

7, caerbannog

8, CliffB

9, Robert Stuart

10, shood23

11, jb65rams

12, Doug Rogers

13, MAD STEVE

14, badger

15, Mish

16, Kallisti

17, Sgt.Squarehead

18, noddy927

19, Bonhoff

20, wimbledon99

21, vppelt68

22, bobster

23, Arniec

24, RobG – Co-Host

25, SleeperService

26, iJones

27, richellis

28, S5 modeller

29, Madgepetto

30, TheStig :partytime:

31, Tomtom

32. Rickpadwick1801

Thank you everyone, now lets keep the ball rolling and see if we can get this up for next year!!!

• Like 2

No worries Rich, as long as someone can explain my duties, preferably using short words.

One thing I do notice is the number of repeat offenders here in GB land - it's the same old names, over and over again. Somehow, we need to find a way to get more of the membership involved in GBs generally, I think. Any suggestions?

No worries Rich, as long as someone can explain my duties, preferably using short words.

One thing I do notice is the number of repeat offenders here in GB land - it's the same old names, over and over again. Somehow, we need to find a way to get more of the membership involved in GBs generally, I think. Any suggestions?

bribes....blackmail.....

Well now that I have another year to get kits for this, can I join in again ?

Rick

nooo worries

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Wow - another that I hadn't noticed!

But my stash can yield A racing Spitfire or

a Le Mans Jaguar XJR-9, or

a Daytona Porsche 917,

or a Chris Amon Ford GT40 at Le Mans,

or a rally Ford Focus.

Really fancy building one of those endurance racers.

• 6 months later...

I want to build a race car. I really do. I haven´t done one in close to 30 years.

Are we automatically eligible for voting next time or was it the second time around and now we´ll have to start from scratch? In that case, I´d drop the airplanes from the theme so that this GB could try its wings (pun, yes...) in the more restricted and protected category.

Regards, V-P

• Like 1

I want to build a race car. I really do. I haven´t done one in close to 30 years.

Are we automatically eligible for voting next time or was it the second time around and now we´ll have to start from scratch? In that case, I´d drop the airplanes from the theme so that this GB could try its wings (pun, yes...) in the more restricted and protected category.

Regards, V-P

Unfortunately this was for last years vote (was the second attempt then!!).

It would be best to start a new thread minus aircraft if you want to have another go.

Belkits "Esko" sure looks nice, but I'm more into DTM etc.

Pity, that Tamiya's Calibras (either Keke or JJ) are nowadays as rare as hen's teeth. And Belkits I would prefer any time Ascona over Manta. Or U-96, or 142, or Mirafiori or...

Otetaas sille,

AaCee

• 4 months later...