Any other new telford news?

McYellowbelly

Yes, Ali was there with the Javelin conversion sets, ranging from Mks 1 - 8. Specials will be released later. They all looked very nice.

Except the FAW7 conversion , coming shortly.

Andrew

RetroWings had some new accessory sets: Harrier GR.7 detail sets and Hunter T.2 conv set (didn't see this as it had sold out).

I couldn't even find Retrokit - they weren't where the hand-out said. Shame as I wanted some of their stuff

Except the FAW7 conversion , coming shortly.

Andrew

Was Ally there with his 48 Javelin bits??

How did they look and what marks and / or decal choices are provided?

Cheers.. Dave

Yes he was, all except the mk3 and 7 are available, have a peek at his website.

Edited by avro683

What about new 1/72 Hurricane I Early - were they already selling her?

Yes! Nice kit,

I think fresh from the moulds, I didn't spot it in my first round of the usual stalls but was there later on

I didn't see any news of the club kit, but I DID see the sprues for a new 1/72 Tiger Moth. There will be two versions in series 1, one military and one civilian. And it's quite simply beautiful. The BEST rendering of a fabric covered aircraft I have ever seen. Lots of detail, fine mouldings and it's hoped it will be released in January.

A fantastic kit.

• Like 3

I didn't see any news of the club kit, but I DID see the sprues for a new 1/72 Tiger Moth. There will be two versions in series 1, one military and one civilian. And it's quite simply beautiful. The BEST rendering of a fabric covered aircraft I have ever seen. Lots of detail, fine mouldings and it's hoped it will be released in January.

A fantastic kit.

So this is for real. Fantastic! I'm sorry it kills the AZ model kit, but a cheap, top quality Tiger Moth will be a winner. Airfix raised the bar with the Swordfish and the Gladiator, so I expect similar quality.

Now Airfix, a WWI aircraft... Please...

I learned (from whom I won't say) that there will be a short run 'European' ie not Russian 1/72 Spitfire lX two seater 'quite soon'. Not saying from whom either, except a credible manufacturer.

I found Retrokit, they were there - didn't check the map but stumbled across them at some point during Saturday.

anthony

Darn it - I looked forever and gave up...must be an age thing :mental:

A fantastic kit.

Can I ask where this was as I didn't see any moulds for the Tiger Moth, I even spoke to Airfix production manager and he would not say anything what was going to be released until the 18th December.

Think they were supposed to be near the helis?

Will be getting a Hunter T7 conversion asap

Was the Whirlybird Hunter a complete kit or a conversion?

Think they were supposed to be near the helis?

Will be getting a Hunter T7 conversion asap

Was the Whirlybird Hunter a complete kit or a conversion?

Well I had the right Hall! The guide showed them being where Wolfpack were on the wall between 2 and 3 but, as I said, I gave up having walked around Hall 3 several times...

You did better than me, I never even made it!

Friend did get me a Mark1 144th Wessex 1, the 3 was sold out.

Looking forward to getting that :)

I had heard rumours of the Tiggie, so went up to Simon ( chief researcher) at the Airfix stand and asked him, he was holding something, which he handed to me and said "Yes, here are the sprues, we were just putting it out, cos it would have been a bit overshadowed yesterday"

I can't say just how good it ( and of course the magnificent Typhoon) is.

Were Kinetic there in any form as a lot of their recent and projected releases have taken my fancy?

Wingman had the new Kinetic ( as opposed to Avant Garde ) Fouga Magister. It seems these two are going head to head again as they did with the Kfir.

They had a built up version. It includes seperate flaps, open and closed canopies and the solid canopy fairings for the various users

The made up Israeli version was simply stunning, as was the German and Portugese Alpha Jets in the Wingman range that Uses Kinetic tooling with resin upgrades. They also had a new range of resin upgrades and conversions called Fix It. I got a german Alpha jet

Also the Daco staffighter upgrade in injection plastic is mental and simply stunning

I had heard rumours of the Tiggie, so went up to Simon ( chief researcher) at the Airfix stand and asked him, he was holding something, which he handed to me and said "Yes, here are the sprues, we were just putting it out, cos it would have been a bit overshadowed yesterday"

I can't say just how good it ( and of course the magnificent Typhoon) is.

I dare say, did anyone happen to snap any photos of the Tiger Moth sprues?

And I wonder if Airfix will be posting any youtube videos about the big Tiff.. Judging by some photos here it appears they may have had a very interesting PowerPoint presentation. I for one would love to see this.

Cheers.. Dave

I doubt it - SMW is now so big and so much to see it is very easy to miss things (or entire stands!). I was there till 4pm on Sat (came in at 9am) and still missed a lot. As I recall, the Retrokit stand was in a row, just one stand in from the outer aisle where the traders normally are.

anthony

• Like 1

Any news on the 2014 airfix club kit?

At the far end of the Airfix stand there was Club info. They had a whole load of club kits on show (past ones), but the lad I spoke to indicated that the 2014 club kit was to be a boxing of a Hurricane and Swordfish (both 1/72 scale) in US Operation Torch markings.

On the down side Airfix told me they have no plans to do the early Lightning marks in 1/72 :( I think they have missed a trick there.

Duncan B

You can't believe that, since they've done a handful of different versions of the Harrier in 1/72. I'm sure they won't be telling customers exactly what they want to hear. To me it wouldn't make sense just to produce one version.

I'd be very surprised if Airfix didn't regard the Lightning in the same light as the Harrier.

Martin

• Like 1

You can't believe that, since they've done a handful of different versions of the Harrier in 1/72. I'm sure they won't be telling customers exactly what they want to hear. To me it wouldn't make sense just to produce one version.

I'd be very surprised if Airfix didn't regard the Lightning in the same light as the Harrier.

Martin

I haven't seen the new Harriers so don't know how they were engineered but the way they have engineered the Lightning doesn't lend itself to easily producing other marks (F6 is a given though). If the fin and whole belly had been seperate I would have given you good odds on the early marks appearing but they will have to produce a completely new fuselage and wings as it stands. Maybe if the sales of the F2A and F6 go well they might go for it later.

Duncan B