1/48 - Gloster Javelin FAW.9(R) by Airfix - just re-released

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

That's not fair..

I usually complain that my wife cannot make a choice - now I know how she feels !!

Great post Homebee.. Cheers Dave.

Edited by Rabbit Leader
  • Like 2

With the obvious exception of the trainers, is there any Javelin which now cannot be built?

The Mark 7 which I think Ali said was on its way. Otherwise there were a number of prototypes with very blunt radomes and solid canopies which so far would need to be scratch built.

Peter

Edited by dambuster

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the kind words and for putting up all the details to Homebee. I am away for two days relaxing but will be back sorting everything soon.

A few points in summary Mk 3 and 7 will follow as soon as possible as well as the three colourful Javelins, sorry do not have all the serial codes to hand, but the red and white one of Boscombe Down, the overall day glo version, and the white with target markings underside. These three will be boxed as individual sets as each has its own little tweeks and alternative noses etc.

It is hoped that all will be available for Christmas, maybe before, the Mk 3 may be early next year, but soon you should be able to make any operational Javelin that ever flew.

Cheers Ali

• Like 2