New Ship Related Releases

The first good news in many years. Finally someone noticed that no one had made a straight-deck Midway class since Revell (1954) in the absurd 1:547 scale.

From my point of view (space problems), it's a pity that it is 1:350. But in the case of Trumpeter, it often predicts that 1:700 will appear in a few years.

So there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Because I probably won't live long enough to see another one, which has been announced by Very Fire 5 years ago.

Cheers

Michael

• 1 month later...

This morning I noticed to my surprise that Italeri have finally released their 1/35 S-26 Schnellboot kit. This kit was announced two or three years ago and I had lost hope it would actually materialize. This kit has an extra 2cm Flak 38 gun instead of the 4cm Bofors gun which was provided in the old S-38 kit. Italeri have also modified the "Brunnen" (the gun tub in the fore deck), they added some mines and even dodgers :

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/3057

Not a ship but an amphibian, I also noticed that Italeri have released a new incarnation of their 1/35 DUKW kit. I think this is welcome news because the 1/35 DUKW kit has been out of production for quite some years. Unfortunately, the wheel well covers are not provided nor is the automatic tire inflation system. The only real advantage of this kit version as I see it is the addition of some new decals for 2 British WW2 DUKW's.

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/948#pid=1

Arjan

Edited by Arjan

4 minutes ago, Tegethoff said:

Looks like Trumpeter have announced a January release of a Dido Class Cruiser HMS Naiad. I think that is the first in 1/350 scale: 

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=270&l=en

Schhplendid!!

Though - more pressure for the New year :doh::lol:

Rob

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tegethoff said:

Looks like Trumpeter have announced a January release of a Dido Class Cruiser HMS Naiad. I think that is the first in 1/350 scale: 

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=270&l=en

Absolutely fantastic information, thanks!

• Like 2

Quick! Someone get the camera! Trumpeter are finally releasing something that's been in their catalogue for years! :D

Question is, how much will they charge? Trumpeter/Hobbyboss etc have inflated their prices to stupid levels thesee past couple of years so I can easily see this being around the £100 mark.

Expect Argonaut and Scylla reboxing over the next couple of years. Now we just need the equally long awaited 350th Nelsons to arrive.

James.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jagdtiger1 said:

Quick! Someone get the camera! Trumpeter are finally releasing something that's been in their catalogue for years! :D

Question is, how much will they charge? Trumpeter/Hobbyboss etc have inflated their prices to stupid levels thesee past couple of years so I can easily see this being around the £100 mark.

Expect Argonaut and Scylla reboxing over the next couple of years. Now we just need the equally long awaited 350th Nelsons to arrive.

James.

More and more I see UK pricing as now being similar to Euro pricing. Like HMS Hood which used to be c.90-100pounds is now like 110-120 pounds but c.100-110 Euro. Which I never thought I would see, it used to be the other way around. 

I agree fully about the Nelsons. Do you know how long the Dido class have been mentioned for?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tegethoff said:

More and more I see UK pricing as now being similar to Euro pricing. Like HMS Hood which used to be c.90-100pounds is now like 110-120 pounds but c.100-110 Euro. Which I never thought I would see, it used to be the other way around. 

I agree fully about the Nelsons. Do you know how long the Dido class have been mentioned for?

Over 2 years!

Rob

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Modelholic said:

Stuff it I'll get both!

👍       As was said by S. R. Hadden (John Hurt) in the film "Contact"   -  "Why have one when you can have two for twice the price!"  😁

Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPGRADE KIT FOR USS ENGLAND:

3D PRINTED PARTS WITH INCREDIBLE DETAILS.

CONTAINS MORE THAN 250 PIECES TO UPGRADE YOUR KIT.

WITH PHOTOETCHED RAILINGS, LADDERS, DEPRESSION RAILS AND RADAR.

WITH ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS.

BEST SUITABLE FOR TRUMPETER 05305.

https://www.swordfishmodels.com/product-page/upgrade-kit-for-uss-england

1e2171_d22d1630f35b4dbe860a0fad639952f1~

1e2171_5ce6a32ed2e2446794cd504e9c52080a~

1e2171_793b28b0929642dd8e0c08c48fab8657~

• Like 7

On 15/06/2023 at 18:44, S-boat 55 said:

Well this is exciting!

Chaunyu and 3D Wild will soon be releasing a 3d print kit of HMS Vanguard,

https://m.facebook.com/groups/142519306153907/permalink/1604161016656388/

I've had a look but can't find it on their website yet,

y4mwQTsiM3g9ShpTrlU784u0BENJJmYZOOP88LhS

Just by way of update the kit of HMS Vanguard has now been released by chaun you and can be ordered via their eBay site from what I can see. 

That said the original hefty price if $328 has gone up to £350, which when you take into account the exchange difference on $ + £ is quite a jump, 

Looks a good kit though, 

Edited by S-boat 55

7 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Just by way of update the kit of HMS Vanguard has now been released by chaun you and can be ordered via their eBay site from what I can see. 

That said the original hefty price if $328 has gone up to £350, which when you take into account the exchange difference on $ + £ is quite a jump, 

Looks a good kit though, 

FWIW and depending on shipping its on 3D-Wild for 298USD (no shipping). I keep looking at it and then the backlog of vessels I have to still make. Also not sure about 3D vs injection (struggling with resin at the moment so might stick to what I know). 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tegethoff said:

FWIW and depending on shipping its on 3D-Wild for 298USD (no shipping). I keep looking at it and then the backlog of vessels I have to still make. Also not sure about 3D vs injection (struggling with resin at the moment so might stick to what I know). 

I know what you mean about a back log 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tegethoff said:

Just incase people haven't seen in the Rumourmonger - Dragon are teasing a ship. It would be quite ironic if Trumpeter lose out on the Nelson Class after all these years. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/vLJNorYCNgAybAXW/

It does look very much like a nelson class funnel, at a push it could be Warspite but the shape of the superstructure behind has to be Nelson or Rodney, 

I'll confess I've been checking their Facebook feed ever since 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, S-boat 55 said:

It does look very much like a nelson class funnel, at a push it could be Warspite but the shape of the superstructure behind has to be Nelson or Rodney, 

I'll confess I've been checking their Facebook feed ever since 

Just have to hope it is 1/350 and not 1/200 or 1/700!

15 minutes ago, Tegethoff said:

Just have to hope it is 1/350 and not 1/200 or 1/700!

Those scales would seem an odd choice given trumpeters 1/200+1/700 and Tamiyas 1/700, so one can hope 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Those scales would seem an odd choice given trumpeters 1/200+1/700 and Tamiyas 1/700, so one can hope 

It's confirmed Nelson/Rodney. Scale to be revealed tomorrow on Facebook