Seafire Mklllc, 879NAS, HMS Attacker, Aegean Sea, 1944

Latest of the bench..... yes another Seafire/Spitfire from Jenko (only another 30 odd to make!!!!!)........ This is the Special hobby kit (1/48) OOB. Decals are from Aeromaster. A lot has been written about this kit. You do get a sense of achievement when the model is finished. (Wish the real mainstream boys would bring one of these out).

Hope you like. Thanks for looking.

Comments are always welcome (good or bad!!!)

DPP_02.jpg

DPP_01.jpg

DPP_04.jpg

DPP_03.jpg

DPP_00.jpg

• Like 5

'Tis a thing of beauty you have there Jenko. Working on a 72nd scale Seafire III myself at the moment and this is wonderful inspiration.

Take it she wasn't a straightforward build?

Well, I'd make a bad comment about your model, Dick, but I can't. Lovely model, there! I need to get me one in 1/72nd scale, not that I don't already have about 15 Spitfires/Seafires waiting in the queue as it is.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Very nice Dick, like it a lot, especially as its from 879 (my Grandad was an armourer with 879 aboard Attacker)

Hope you dont mind, here's a pic of A*S catching the wire...with it's undercarriage!

GrandadsWarPics041.jpg

Edited by Rich F
  • Like 1

Very nice Dick, like it a lot, especially as its from 879 (my Grandad was an armourer with 879 aboard Attacker)

Hope you dont mind, here's a pic of A*S catching the wire...with it's undercarriage!

GrandadsWarPics041.jpg

Don't mind at all Rich. Nice pic. My Dad was with 807....... they did the same trick. thanks for your kind comments.

Dick

Jenko and/or Richard,

Beautiful, clean and tidy build. Your color scheme is particularly lovely.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

Karen

Great as always Dick - will you bring it next week?

Dave

Off course. will look interesting next to Stu's one.

A nice, clean build. I have a particular soft spot for the Mk III and am always pleased to see one.

I have one observation, however and it regards the aerial wires. You have done a lovely job on them, but I don't believe the aerial wire from the mast to the tail fin and the IFF "cheesecutter" wires were fitted to the Mk III.

Looks the ticket there Dick, I like the fact that you haven't made any attempt to over emphasise the panel lines, the light catches them and you can see them. Great work. always good to see another FAA subject.

Colin

Very nice build could you let me know what colours you used thanks

Extra colour ..... extra dark sea grey, dark slate grey and sky.

HTH