Heller Classic GB II 2025: C'est Magnifique! ***Now at 38!!!***

23 minutes ago, jean said:

Not s

ure what I will enter yet.... Decision, decision.

JR.

Oh I'm confident you will have something appropriate when the time comes :santa:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Mark,

Pat, aka @JOCKNEY, is threatening my beret. He can have my soul, but never my beret!

But in order to avoid a Franco-Scottish feud that would last hundreds of years, I will gladly throw my very beret into the ring.

Not sure what I will enter yet.... Decision, decision.

JR.

Hi Jean,

I certainly wouldn't want to be presiding over a Franco-Scottish feud, so please, please don't sacrifice your beret! Glad to have you along, Jean, looking forward to seeing what you choose!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Great to have you on board the Good Plane/Ship/Bus (*delete as appropriate) Heller

The Good Ship Heller- OOh, yes! If the Twin Booms proposal gets through then the Cessna 337/ O2 goes into that and in turn this will let me sail back to my childhood when the local newsagent had a curious assortment of Heller sailing ships that kept me happy

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Just the one kit in my stash, which dates back to the 1970s - so count me in.

Heller-Spitfire.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rafwaffe said:

Count me in. I have a few heller kits in the stash that I could do.

Glad to have you both aboard, fellas! :)

I built the Spit XVIe when I was a youngster: even 45-or-so years on I remember it being a nice kit!

Cheers, 

Mark 

I'll gladly be happy to sit down on the modelling bench for the first six months of 2025 with a cheese/ham baguette in one hand and a Heller kit in the other.

Please count me in, for I think I have as many Classic Heller kits as I do Classic Airfix kits! 

Here's one I happily prepared earlier - Dassault MD. 450 Ouragan (Heller 1982)   

Cheers.. Dave 

52757078063_9e27fe7445_b.jpg

• Like 4

This year, I’ve really enjoyed rediscovering some of the old Airfix kits and now the nostalgic glow continues with some of the Frog and Matchbox golden oldies.

In fact I’m having so much fun that I see no reason not to make myself thoroughly miserable next year with something from Heller, or as I think of the company, ‘Napoleon’s Revenge’. 

Please add me to the list. 😄

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I'll gladly be happy to sit down on the modelling bench for the first six months of 2025 with a cheese/ham baguette in one hand and a Heller kit in the other.

Please count me in, for I think I have as many Classic Heller kits as I do Classic Airfix kits! 

Here's one I happily prepared earlier - Dassault MD. 450 Ouragan (Heller 1982)   

Cheers.. Dave 

52757078063_9e27fe7445_b.jpg

Great to have you with us, Dave, and I like the sound of your rations, too! :)

That's a splendid Ouragan, if I may say so! I definitely need a few more jets in my stash!

17 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

This year, I’ve really enjoyed rediscovering some of the old Airfix kits and now the nostalgic glow continues with some of the Frog and Matchbox golden oldies.

In fact I’m having so much fun that I see no reason not to make myself thoroughly miserable next year with something from Heller, or as I think of the company, ‘Napoleon’s Revenge’. 

Please add me to the list. 😄

Fantastic, Bertie, your wit and wisdom will be a very welcome addition to the GB! :) Just out of curiosity, are you thinking wings or sails? 

Cheers chaps!

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

I'm absolutely not using the original "drip" thing of glue though...  :)

Welcome aboard - glad to have you along. Always good to see a Hurricane, especially one in black! Is the glue thingy still usable?

Cheers, 

Mark

7 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

wings or sails

Having an entire weekend to spare for this GB, I thought I might have a bash at the 1/72 Victory. 

Joking!

I’d need a full week. 

Still joking!!

Seriously, an aeroplane will be my choice. Preferably something from the 20s or 30s, a strange French biplane of some kind?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Seriously, an aeroplane will be my choice. Preferably something from the 20s or 30s, a strange French biplane of some kind?

You'll definitely find some of those in the Heller range.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Was it ever usable?🤔

Back in the day, yes, but as to whether there was enough to glue the whole kit, that's debatable.  I used it for gluing those items that needed a bit more than just the Humbrol Liquid Poly I was using at the time.

Just now, Bertie McBoatface said:

I thought as much. 😄

1/72nd DH Rapide (not specifically French but they used them), Dewoitine D.500/501/510 (OK not biplanes but interwar monoplanes, very attractive aircraft and nice kits), Curtiss Helldiver biplane (French used, nice kit), Les Mureeaux 117 (OK parasol winged but of the time), MS.225 and MS.230 (again, both parasols but of the time - the French seemed to have a thing for parasols), Nieuport-Delage NiD622, there's also kits of those hideous interwar French bombers that look like the unwanted love child of an aeroplane and a garden shed/bus shelter/greenhouse depending on the amount of transparencies, that I've tried to blank from my mind but constantly get reminded of...   ...so as you can see, plenty to be going on with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wez said:

1/72nd DH Rapide (not specifically French but they used them), Dewoitine D.500/501/510 (OK not biplanes but interwar monoplanes, very attractive aircraft and nice kits), Curtiss Helldiver biplane (French used, nice kit), Les Mureeaux 117 (OK parasol winged but of the time), MS.225 and MS.230 (again, both parasols but of the time - the French seemed to have a thing for parasols), Nieuport-Delage NiD622, there's also kits of those hideous interwar French bombers that look like the unwanted love child of an aeroplane and a garden shed/bus shelter/greenhouse depending on the amount of transparencies, that I've tried to blank from my mind but constantly get reminded of...   ...so as you can see, plenty to be going on with.

All excellent subjects, @Bertie McBoatface, and I can personally add that the parasol MS.230 and Mureaux are nice kits. And the D.501 builds into a lovely model. But @Wez, you're so right, those bombers..... :hypnotised:

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Jean,

I certainly wouldn't want to be presiding over a Franco-Scottish feud, so please, please don't sacrifice your beret! Glad to have you along, Jean, looking forward to seeing what you choose!

Cheers,

Mark

Weren't the Scots and French normally in bed together, historically speaking? 😄

I'd like to join in too, please. 

Ian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Welcome aboard - glad to have you along. Always good to see a Hurricane, especially one in black! Is the glue thingy still usable?

Cheers, 

Mark

The glue?.. nah, it's a very squished and dried up thing, you'd think the average kid would have found the amount provided a bit meagre too, bearing in mind all the traditional smudgy fingerprints expected in addition to sticking the thing together .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pig of the Week said:

you'd think the average kid would have found the amount provided a bit meagre too, bearing in mind all the traditional smudgy fingerprints expected in addition to sticking the thing together .. 

That's true - you should've seen my first-ever build, an innocent Matchbox Lysander. It fair makes me weep to think what that poor kit endured!

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Weren't the Scots and French normally in bed together, historically speaking? 😄

I'd like to join in too, please. 

Ian

I think you're right, Ian - didn't Bonnie Prince Charlie escape to France (via Skye, of course)? Or am I thinking of the wrong fella?My knowledge of the Tudors and Stuarts is very hazy.....

Oh, and please consider yourself duly enrolled on the list of the Great and Good :) 

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1