CVR(T) FV101 Salamander

Hamden

Thanks to @Jasper dog, @Bullbasket, @SimonL, @Spookytooth, @Stef N., @ivan-o and @edjbartos for your comments.

A little has been done over the festive period with the crew painted and the weathering started, as usual I'll ley the pictures do the talking

IMG-0482.jpg

IMG-0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look in and I hope you had a good Christmas and Best Wishes for 2024

Stay safe                Roger

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @edjbartos, @Bullbasket, @FrancisGL and @Spookytooth for your kind comments.

Not a lot of progress I have been doing what everyone loves doing track bashing, I used AFV Clubs workable plastic tracks late type as seen on the Salamander's. They went together with no trouble and I soon had to lengths built up, they seemed nice and flexible and the clip together joins between the links seemed nice and secure. They fed in with no trouble and then proceeded to fall apart where they go around the idler and sprocket then having got the ends together for joining various links decided to become disconnected, time to walk away! After four sessions the tracks were fitted. I did not take pictures of the track build and fitting as everyone has at one time or another had the pleasure! 

I did take pictures of the Salamander with tracks on and I am aware the the tension is to slack but I'm going to live with it as I don't want to fight with tracks anymore.

First picture shows the track under construction with my homemade jig which worked well

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Still a bit more to do but the end is in sight, hopefully to be done in time for the Bovington Tank Museum's South West Model Show next month.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by it is appreciated

Stay safe                Roger

• Like 13

Patience of a Saint Roger, after the battle you had with them I don`t blame you for leaving them alone.

She looks great and hopefully you finish her ready for the show.

Simon.

• Thanks 1

Looks great Roger - well done with the tracks. I have the AFV Scimitar in my stash, so forewarned is forearmed. How do I work out which of the workable tracks (early or late) I need to use? Is there a simple (ha!) date cut-off?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind comment Simon @SimonL 

If your building your FV107 Scimitar out of the box it will have the late tracks just be careful which sprockets and idlers you use as both early Scorpion FV101 and later Scimitar FV107 are on the sprue in the box. BATUS used the later tracks on the Salamander for ease of supply, idlers and sprockets are interchangeable hope that makes sense.

Stay safe           Roger

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SimonL said:

Ah, right so for the sprockets I should be using parts D27-D29 then?

p?i=bf00431ffd182c05d0356d3c9f9e0996

Thats correct Simon just be aware that the glue contact area is very small and it's best to assemble the sprockets before any paint. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but I painted the sprockets etc on the sprue for easy handling but ended up having to strip it off to get a bond. 

Stay safe           Roger 

• Like 1

This is looking very good, and great work on the tracks ...... I know how fiddly they are! 

Best wishes for 2024! 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @edjbartos, @Keeff and @Spookytooth for the kind comments and too all who hit the like button it is very much appreciated and boosts the mojo.

I'm calling this one finished although I do have some weathering to integrate the Salamander into the ground work and a couple of very small bits to attach.

Anyway here are the pictures to give you some idea of the finished project which is planned to be at The Tank Museum's South West Model Show next month.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to follow along, like and comment your company is very much appreciated and I hope that you'll join in for the next adventure which looks likely to be 

HobbyBoss Scammell Commander inspired by @mbthejester build with Amusing Hobbies Centurion AVRE as load set in Gulf War 1 time period.

Until the next one stay safe               Roger

• Like 12

Very nice Roger! 👌

I'll book a seat now for the next adventure .... 👍

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Enjoy yourself at the show

I'm looking forward to it Simon, I share a table with a friend there. Any chance of you dropping in it would be nice to put a face to the name.

3 minutes ago, Keeff said:

I'll book a seat now for the next adventure .... 👍

Might be a little while before it starts Keith but your most welcome to follow along

Stay safe               Roger

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Any chance of you dropping in it would be nice to put a face to the name.

Sadly not Roger, although I would like to come to he show I don`t drive and getting to Bovington is a bit of a hike from here.

Simon.

• Sad 1