B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 26! Now Lets get the Original BUFF across the line in the Bunfight!

LorenSharp

8 minutes ago, Snafu35 said:

Mind you, there may not be room for everyone!

Are you suggesting a limit on how many of us can enter the 1/32 Hobbyboss kit?!!

It'll be fine the sky is a very big place, possibly bigger than the sea, I'm not sure how you'd tell

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 12!

If this one gets through the Bunfight and doesn't happen in the summer when I'm out cycling - then maybe 🙂 

I have a couple of 72nd kits, a Privateer and a Meng 'egg plane style'. Some Liberators had good formation schemes but I also remember seeing a picture of a Liberator with a B17 nose - just the kind of ugliness that appeals to me 

• Like 1

• LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 13! 12 to go! Come on Guys! Lets get this Original Buff across the line!
1 hour ago, Adrian Hills said:

I also remember seeing a picture of a Liberator with a B17 nose - just the kind of ugliness that appeals to me 

I think you're talking about the only at least partially beautiful B-24 here! :giggle:

1 hour ago, Adrian Hills said:

If this one gets through the Bunfight

Gee’s I really hope it does, I want to build one badly. Preferably a “J” or “M” but if a “D” Id do a Ploesti or Anti-sub hunter from either the USAAF or USN. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 10:35 AM, vppelt68 said:

Thus, one B-24 would equal four, say, P-47:s! Ok, I'll get me 🧥

On that basis the later B36's with their 10 engines.. you can see where this is going, yep I'll get my coat as well!

• Haha 1

Just found my Meng kit (egg plane style cutesy thing)  and the nose section of a Matchbox B17. Has anyone ever done this conversion ? The dimensions would work - just needs a bit of Milliput !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 14! 11 to go! Come on Guys! Lets get this Original Buff across the line!

I wonder if I won't sign up several times with different usernames to increase the number of people interested in this GB.  :hmmm:
Am I allowed to do this?   😋

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Haha 1

• LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 15! 10 to go! Come on Guys! Lets get this Original Buff across the line!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 16! 9 to go! Come on Guys! Lets get this Original Buff across the line!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 16! 9 to go! Come on Guys! Lets get the Original BUFF across the line!
3 hours ago, marvinneko said:

I picked up a B24 last weekend... strawberry bitch. plan to do as rcaf... saw one at the museum in grey top and white body scheme.

Would be interested to know the scale, Is it 1/72 or 1/48 ? Im only asking as the “Strawberry” is one I wouldn't mind doing someday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 10:13 AM, Mjwomack said:

Are you suggesting a limit on how many of us can enter the 1/32 Hobbyboss kit?!!

It'll be fine the sky is a very big place, possibly bigger than the sea, I'm not sure how you'd tell

And if the 1/32 version is too big, Hobbyboss are about to help out...

It's a fraction of the size (obviously)! Come on everyone, it would,dl be rude not to , and the retailers need our help to shift these big boxes!

There's no such thing as TOO BIG of a model,(this coming from a deranged builder of a 1/48 B-36 AND An XB-70 and multiple B-52's in the stash. They're coming to take me away, Hah ha)

• Haha 4

• LorenSharp changed the title to B-24 STGB Big, Bold, and Beautiful Now @ 17! 8 to go! Come on Guys! Lets get the Original BUFF across the line!
  • 3 weeks later...