Canadair Sabre 5 1/48

I will call this one Would have, Could have, Should have(edit). Started later 2022 and rested in my Halfway house of models before being dusted off and finished just in the last few weeks.

Thank you's go to @Steve in Ottawa @Sabrejet and @Gene K for advice, guidance and encouragement. Always appreciated. As well a modelling Yoda http://soyuyo.main.jp/index.html   whose in depth study of the Hasegawa kit was valuable to this build. Decals are Leading Edge with stencils from Gene.

Thank you for viewing and comments always welcome.

Canadair-Sabre-Mk-5-410-Sqn-1956.png

P1030113.jpg

P1030114.jpg

P1030115.jpg

P1030116.jpg

P1030117.jpg

P1030118.jpg

P1030119.jpg

P1030120.jpg

P1030121.jpg

P1030122.jpg

P1030123.jpg

P1030124.jpg

P1030125.jpg

P1030126.jpg

P1030127.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 4

That is LOVELY!!!!! Well done!

Just a word on grammar: it should be, "Would have, could have..." . I blame Bristolians for saying 'of' instead of 'have'. In our house we use the phrase, "Should've of have" to demonstrate how bad it's become.

Back to the model: it looks lovely. I think I may have mentioned that. :) :) :)

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

As well a modelling Yoda http://soyuyo.main.jp/index.html   whose in depth study of the Hasegawa kit was valuable to this build.

For reader convenience, here (I hope) is the direct link:

http://soyuyo.main.jp/f86/f86e-1.html

(Apologies if this has already been posted- I didn't read through all comments)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Just a word on grammar......................

Sorry bout dat, me and grammar never sat very close in my school days, I was more the art and history kind of guy when I wasn't day dreaming.

Here are some in-progress work. I found the top of the vertical tail leading edge extension rather blunt, so I added some stretched sprue to help reshape to a sharper edge. The Hasegawa fuselage has a Omega shape to it, noticeable just above the wings which required fill and sanding. Their nose landing gear lower section is fictional and reminds me of something cobbled together by a museum, maybe @Sabrejet could identify where they may have got this mixed up with. Model cockpits always seem to look too spacious so the de-mister tubes on either side of the cockpit sills added, made simply with a riveting wheel on scrape plastic.

Thank you @gingerbob for the more direct link. But definitely check out his other models works for some tasty eye candy.

20220902-114447.jpg

20220913-134416.jpg

20220923-163711.jpg

20221017-100341.jpg

20221029-113936.jpg

20221030-112545.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

Their nose landing gear lower section is fictional and reminds me of something cobbled together by a museum, maybe @Sabrejet could identify where they may have got this mixed up with.

I've never worked out why they did that: loads of ex-JASDF F-86Fs to study and get it right. But yes, it does look like something a museum might do if they lacked a nose leg.

This also demonstrates why I don't buy Scale Aircraft Conversions stuff - their "enhancement" copies exactly the same error!!!

• Like 1