1/35 Meng Rolls Royce Armoured car

Fun kit to build. I decided to use the turret top section with the closed hatch rather then one with the open top and lewis gun which is the correct top for this version, because there was no detail inside the turret.  I didnt use the kit decal for the roundel on top or the emblem on the bonnet.  I masked and painted them.

DSC_0941 DSC_0942 DSC_0944 DSC_0949

DSC_0950 DSC_0951

DSC_0952

DSC_0953 DSC_0955 DSC_0956

DSC_0959 DSC_0960

DSC_0961 DSC_0962 DSC_0963

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Guys.  I wanted it to look weathered and used, but didnt want to go too overboard.  

The roundel on the turret was a real pain to mask and paint due to the complex shape of the top of the turret.  Had to respray the white a couple of times.

Am pleased with the final result of the model though.

• Like 1

Excellent modelling - very well done indeed.

This one has been on my wishlist for a while, but other models have taken priority. These photos will push it up the list for sure.

Excellent rendition of this one and I particularly like your groundwork which just looks like the right colour and perfectly in scale - if that is not a seemingly stupid thing to write.

I am actually in the middle of building this exact same kit and I am finding I have to tread carefully just to make sure everything is aligned and positioned correctly. I'll be happy if mine's turns out half as nice as this one.