Eduard Fw 190A-8 JG300

fmichelsen

Hello
I've just bought this kit, and the Aeromaster decals, yesterday, so I could join this GB :)
I have never build eduards A8 before, but I'm beeing told it is a very good kit. I've build some of the older Fw190 kits, I remember them as a bit tricky in places.
The aircraft I'm trying to make is the Fw 190 A-8 of 8./ JG300. The eduard sæt comes with some similar decals, but I like the look better of the aeromaster.  I'll have to decide if I'm going with the RLM 75/83/76 colour scheme, or the RLM 81/83/76 scheme. I'm leaning mostly toward the latter. I believe that I didnt finish my two latest build in here, so this time I'm really putting in an efford to make it :D If things goes well I've one more in my stash, but ehmmm.... 
Anyways, the pictures :)

Box:
y4maKYP-2GMgDf01_05p1UxglAFqQl8YPkSn984F

The chosen scheme:

y4mUCG_PCskM0NN1ZytXKoDE4NAQD1K4aX6ua2qJ

Eduards idea of the same aircraft - but later in the war:
y4mUwY_If06lwmsUfVNT26hzMgeEgRtXwiNeBWkg

• Like 13

Got a bit more made last night.
The cockpit just went together very easily. Everything was painted wih WEM RLM 66, then given a very light drybrush with a lightgrey. Then I applied all the PE part. Considering that I really can't see the pedals, I'm not sure I'll be making those again, but hell, I know they are there :P 
The seatbelts put up a bit of a fight, but turned out ok i guess :) 

I then painted the rest of the parts needed, and then closed the fuselage. It just fitted beautifully!
y4mtPeTHdlOaKW2qvPCNliCKhT8BgpX1ZKaNV7Lb

y4m3O-oUv1LRJeAQIQl10x2CpsKADg1eXfO2BV_4

y4maqhZcFdanUanZ8kvSiFdA0lEW91Fs4hjGOCYg

• Like 13

Got a lot more done yesterday and a bit today :)
Wings are now on fuselage, and all small parts for the wheels and the propeller are now painted (mostly).

The rear canopy is the one for closed canopy, but since I'm doing mine open, I thought it would be fine to use it as a cover for the cockpit :) 
y4mTP0y3YZJPc9bupShOzLRHDt41vkRRVDvJuC6v

• Like 9

Super fast build of a really good looking kit!

Looking forward to watching your paint work.

Great build so far

JR

• Thanks 1

That was quick. Good to know the fit is good. Most of the sprues are same in most of Eduard's newer kits.....

I am building the A8 weekend edition so no PE. The cockpit looks awesome. The front of the canopy is fully masked in your picture above.... frame is already painted?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mukund SB said:

That was quick. Good to know the fit is good. Most of the sprues are same in most of Eduard's newer kits.....

I am building the A8 weekend edition so no PE. The cockpit looks awesome. The front of the canopy is fully masked in your picture above.... frame is already painted?

Thank you. Yes, the front canopy is masked and painted RLM 66, so that it will be the colour from "the inside-out". I think you can make the cockpit look just as great without using PE, the plastic parts looks really good to :)  
I actually had some fitting issues when mounting the gun cowl in front of the window, it seemed a bit to wide, but thats properly just me who made an mistake somewhere :)

• Like 4

More progress have been made.
Painted the tailband, as I've been told the colour (RLM 24) of the decal-tailband is a bit off. I've tested many of my blue colours to see which one came closest, and I think Tamiyas XF-8 with a few drops of white in it, came close enought to RLM 24. I'll have to buy a bottle soon ;)
The white is flat white from AK real colours.

I painted the underside and sides of fuselage in RLM 76, but I used the "late war" variant from AK real colours, since the aircraft is from late 1944.

I'm going for the RLM 81/82 scheme, and now the RLM 82 is on, for which I used Humbrol 86. 
I think that's it for now.
y4miYdpxekmdzpeQz_ZanEEKKsFuZIX9-0OOQg1w

y4mY5N8wQVKQVYcCUoFBuz97zWzE2_7yvmw5mePX

• Like 8

It is indeed coming along nicely and very fast :) 
Today I got more painted, and I'm very pleased so far - The german ww2 scheme of RLM 82/81 over 76 (the greenish late war) just floats my boat :P 

Tape and blue tac just taking of. Some places needs touch-up

y4maOB_CFcrHywpCtjrHRL-JLEa181RgPPRuaxUx

Now with mottling on left side

y4mfEqfWGEk2rKZTDyqHhcSqKiWNYtkxpHXY11gX

... and right side

y4mhirg5CCxoDp9qasSWXxOkKLpFEfeZNNtcIjNt

And left again, but with tape taken off tail and cowl under engine.

y4m1s8kjTjJYWlfd3SYVFo3kkSdk56LU-S6cu9an

Next up, painting the front black, and then clear coat.

• Like 11