HEMI STGB

HEMI. That's the commercial/racing/bragging rights name usually associated with Chrysler produced V-8 engines with hemispherical combustion chambers. Oh, high performance V-8 engines, I might have to add.

How about a single type group build for anything that had a HEMI engine, from the first gen Firedomes of the -50's through -60's race and street elephant motors to modern day EFI powerplants? Those that the Boss sang about, "beyond the Palace HEMI-powered drones scream down the boulevard, girls comb their hair in rear view mirrors and boys try to look so hard"...

EDIT: It's the engine that counts. The carbody it's delivering its oomph in is your own choice. If @TonyW wants to build a Deuce with one, or @JeroenS feels the itch to drop one in a VW flatbed, please sirs just do it! On the other hand, if a '67 Hemi Belvedere 4d sedan as it looked like in the Plymouth dealers' showroomh is what makes you tick then go for that.

V-P

• Like 4

Yes please.  🙂

Edit - might as well add a quote of my own...   "That Plymouth had a Hemi with a TorqueFlite.  I believe we sawed the guy off even if we did lose 200"

Edited by Six97s
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

HEMI. That's the commercial/racing/bragging rights name usually associated with Chrysler produced V-8 engines with hemispherical combustion chambers. Oh, high performance V-8 engines, I might have to add.

How about a single type group build for anything that had a HEMI engine, from the first gen Firedomes of the -50's through -60's race and street elephant motors to modern day EFI powerplants? Those that the Boss sang about, "beyond the Palace HEMI-powered drones scream down the boulevard, girls comb their hair in rear view mirrors and boys try to look so hard"...

V-P

You do know that Chrysler is ending production of the Hemi this year. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38324228/hellcat-production-end-report/#:~:text=Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis told,by its upcoming eMuscle EVs.&text=Dodge is ending production of,a report from Motor Authority.

Unless someone made a 1970 Superbee then I doubt I would build anything. I love Chargers and Road Runners, my brother had a 69 charger. But Ive built enough of those when I was younger. Ive never found a Superbee though. Just something about the front end on the 1970. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Super_Bee

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Unless someone made a 1970 Superbee then I doubt I would build anything. I love Chargers and Road Runners, my brother had a 69 charger. But Ive built enough of those when I was younger. Ive never found a Superbee though. Just something about the front end on the 1970. 

Round 2 issued a '70 Superbee a couple of years back. I have one here, it's a really nice kit.

• Thanks 1

Bruce Springsteen meets Jan & Dean (To the tune of Dead Mans Curve)..........

4 hours ago, TonyW said:

She's a hot steppin' Hemi with a four on the floor. She's a Road Runner engine in a '32 Ford.

We both popped the clutch when the light turned green,

You should've heard the whine from my screamin' machine"

Kinda fits?

I'll get me coat..........................🚕

• Like 2

Time to check my stash and shelf of doom. How about a Hemi in something that was never intended to have a Hemi?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevDWC said:

Time to check my stash and shelf of doom. How about a Hemi in something that was never intended to have a Hemi?

I think TonyW already proposed one such combo above. Highly recommended! V-P

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Ok I've waited 7 hours for an explanation of what is it then, and what on earth does it have to do with a Chrysler Hemi V-8?

It was powered by the worlds first ever Chrysler Hemi. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_IV-2220

XP-47H

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

Berner Ltd. was the importer of Chrysler cars in Finland in the -60's. Mr. Berner himself wanted to drive a car with a maximum performance engine in the cheapest possible body. So, he checked the option list for a medium grey 1967 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan with the 426, a column shift 727 automatic, radio delete and a bench seat.

The car has been restored and still resides in Finland. It's probably unique.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Berner Ltd. was the importer of Chrysler cars in Finland in the -60's. Mr. Berner himself wanted to drive a car with a maximum performance engine in the cheapest possible body. So, he checked the option list for a medium grey 1967 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan with the 426, a column shift 727 automatic, radio delete and a bench seat.

The car has been restored and still resides in Finland. It's probably unique.

By now, maybe it is unique, or at least unique in Finland, but when I was in my late teens, my high school buddy told me that the local veterinarian (who had a Pontiac Parisienne) kept getting pulled over by the cops for speeding. He said he was going to buy a car fast enough that they'd never catch him. Just a story, I thought, until I had to take the family dog in for something. Parked in the driveway of the vet's office was a car matching exactly what you just described, except for the colour. It looked like a beige taxicab, until you noticed the "hemi" badges on the fenders! And in the waiting room, instead of outdated copies of Ladies' Home Journal or Time, were Hot Rod Magazine, Car and Driver, and so on!

John

• Like 2

It’s a P47 prototype which flew in 1945 with a Chrysler IV-2220 Hemi engine. The m47 Paton tank was also powered by a hemi engine. I not used to building cars so I’m just trying to twist the GB proposal to fit into my reality :) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

It’s a P47 prototype which flew in 1945 with a Chrysler IV-2220 Hemi engine. The m47 Paton tank was also powered by a hemi engine. I not used to building cars so I’m just trying to twist the GB proposal to fit into my reality :) 

• Haha 1

Is this specifically for the Chrysler Hemi, or open to engines w/ hemispherical heads?  Curious as I've got a Ford 427 SOHC itching to be shoved in '57 Ford wagon.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

Is this specifically for the Chrysler Hemi, or open to engines w/ hemispherical heads?  Curious as I've got a Ford 427 SOHC itching to be shoved in '57 Ford wagon.  

Easy now... I was thinking we'd first gather enough supporters with the Chrysler Hemis and then just sneak the Cammer and Boss in stealthily(?) via the kitchen door - without poor @Enzo Matrix ever realizing what we're doing. I hope nobody's fool enough to alert him :giggle:. V-P

P.S. The hemisperical combustion chambers don't end there. We need to add more specifications:

- American made, cast iron block V-8

- 1 intake and 1 exhaust valve only per cylinder

- "Big three" factory product (MoPar, FoMoCo, GM - though GM didn't have one)

- Ar-Dun heads for the flatheads, ok or not :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2