FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, 72nd Corsair now finished
4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Was quite a nice kit that one, enjoyed it.

Enjoyed seeing it come together too. What a cracking job! You keep up such a high tempo with your builds. I've ground to a halt in this heatwave. 

Richie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

Corsair is finished

spacer.png

spacer.png

Was quite a nice kit that one, enjoyed it.

Thanks for following along and thanks for looking in

Chris

Wonderful Corsair Chris !!

I really like this scheme....

Must add one to my collection !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Corsair is finished

And very nice it is too Chris! You have brought a subtle depth of finish and weathering to what could be a dull, single colour scheme. Well done indeed...

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RichieW said:

Enjoyed seeing it come together too. What a cracking job! You keep up such a high tempo with your builds. I've ground to a halt in this heatwave. 

Richie

Thanks Richie,  very kind, I used to have to model in the loft and used to stop in the heat, but since doing a loft conversion,  I now have a mancave and it is nice and cool in there, I am very lucky.

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Wonderful Corsair Chris !!

I really like this scheme....

Must add one to my collection !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, I do like this scheme too, I have an Avenger AS3/4 to do in this colour soon.

Don't tell Mrs CC where the need to add one came from or she will be after me😉

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

And very nice it is too Chris! You have brought a subtle depth of finish and weathering to what could be a dull, single colour scheme. Well done indeed...

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  that is the wonderful dot filtering, it really brought the paint to life, will be using that from now on .

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

TBH not my favourite colour scheme but well executed. For me, TSS rocks! Looks good though.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,  I am pleased with it, the next Corsair will be TSS though as they do look fantastic in that, mind you anything looks great in TSS😉

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great job as always Chris. These monotone (particularly dark grey) schemes are so hard to get any life out of but your shading and filtering have worked wonders. The chipping is particularly good. Is this the revell 72, I forget?

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CJP said:

Corsair looks great Chris - your display case must be getting full with this collection of beauties!

Thanks Chris, pleased with this one. Yes crikey it is getting busy in the display, gonna have to reorganise it.

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's another cracker Chris! I've seen some rather negative reviews about this kit, just shows that a really good modeller can produce a little gem from it!

Lovely work again!

Keith

Thanks Keith, very kind if you, I had heard a couple of reports, but have to say it wasn't bad at all and went together very well.  Pleased with how it turned out.

9 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Handsome work Chris. Congratulations on another cracking FAA subject.

Thanks Tony very kind, just had to try my hand at a Corsair.

49 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Great job as always Chris. These monotone (particularly dark grey) schemes are so hard to get any life out of but your shading and filtering have worked wonders. The chipping is particularly good. Is this the revell 72, I forget?

Andy

Thanks Andy, kind of you too, the filtering is something I am doing from now on as it really adds life and depth to paintwork. I was a bit concerned I had overdone the chipping,  but and quite chuffed with it.   This one is a 72nd scale kit, I have a 32nd scale kit in the stash for a TSS scheme.

Thanks guys for your generous comments.

Chris

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Agreed!  And love the remains of red doped fabric around the shell ejection ports...lovely touch!

Thanks Anthony,  very kind, pleased with how this one turned out.  The doped fabric just had to be added after looking at the time capsule KD341 at the fantastic FAA museum at RNAS Yeovilton.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Another absolute beauty to add to your display cabinet! I rather like the overall colour scheme, its a bit unusual!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, very kind, yes the scheme is rather pleasing , got an Avenger to do in the same colours and a Seaking too.

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Another belter Chris,

The depth of the finish is quite exquisite.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair   very kind too.  Pleased with the finish, love the dot filtering it really adds depth.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I thought I had better pick this thread up again.

I have added the IP to the Nimrod cockpit frame work.

spacer.png

Also picked up the stalled Seafire III. Elevators separated and mix and match wingtips the Stbd being Tamiya and the port one I am not sure, but will need some work.  Been gathering the Radiator and oil cooler bits that were also missing from the kit. Still starting to look like a Seafire

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 11

Chris,

Nice to see this on the go again! The Nimrod IP looks great, and look forward to seeing more of the Seafire III,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

Nice to see you back onto these one Chris. It's a proper frankenspitfire isn't it!? Looking really good, the cockpit in particular. Nice to see the Nimrod's still around too!

Just a quick thing, I might be wrong, but my dodgy memory suggests mk IIIs has the full horn elevators (2), which would make sense given all the FAA gubbins bolted on aft of the COG. Not that it would stop me from ignoring it if would save me some effort!

spitfi11-gif.441308

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1