Jordan J199 1/20 Modeler's multimedia

I enjoy all vehicle and motorsport subjects. I aim not to do the usual. No matter how much I might determine to do a quick and 'out of the box' model every now and again I get involved with research and then find a decal isn't the correct size or is not quite the right typeface or the shaping for a particular race hasn't been taken in to account...         a year later and I'm still 'adjusting'. I must be the least prolific model maker, it's not like the end result is perfect by any means but there is considerable satisfaction in having 'struggled' with a tiny element of a model that may not even be visible on completion.

p?i=8ec996e22847bae145e92ff8b59fe155

p?i=a90bf67696fef62e36a19b5f000d62ac

p?i=b98db31868f9be969c5b249a8aafb34a

p?i=9ac0bc2f71f267fb3ffaff7e1925c154

p?i=1de0e051046ff5bd9ef459147ef8d29c

p?i=9e066ce6c1d65098b68d9f20f714cdf9

p?i=1c19fc955061750569fdc9869609f61c

p?i=4a4eb3b467c55cf035ac39470ebeed01

p?i=9ffecdfa39a161896c65abff5f6b7c0a

p?i=affe870e23453f5b0d28a0b757d2701e

p?i=e8f1abaf03d883976453cb94a9180674

• Like 18

37 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another cracking build - I love the gravel in the tyre treads!

Very cool model!

Keith

My thoughts precisely.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

Another lovely model. And like Keefer, it was the gravel in the tyres which I noticed too - nice touch.

Incidentally, I doubt you're the least prolific modeller. I typically average 3-4 months per model, and I'm by no means the slowest here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

and I'm by no means the slowest here!

And that's a fact - I was trying to finish a Tamiya Nissan 350Z earlier today that I've been working on for, oh, just 11 years or so..... (and I didn't finish it because I managed to put a chip in the paint in the bonnet. It's gone back in its box!)

Keith

• Haha 2

Thanks again Spiny, Keith and Chris.

I've got a 1/12 Heller Ligier JS11 which I admit I've put an extra lot of work in but that must have been on the go for 3 years or so, a 1/12 Tamiya Honda RA273 - 5 years (?)  and a 1/9 Protar Ducati Senna which has a price tag on it in pounds shillings and pence (only kidding). I'm good at starting them...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, modelbautony said:

a price tag on it in pounds shillings and pence (only kidding).

That's no joke - I've got a few of them! Worst one I have 'in progress' is an Airfix Avro Vulcan - started it the week after my son was born - he was 36 last December!! Main problem with it is I've lost it! I mean how do you lose a 1/72 Vulcan bomber....??!! 🤣

Keith

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That's no joke - I've got a few of them! Worst one I have 'in progress' is an Airfix Avro Vulcan - started it the week after my son was born - he was 36 last December!! Main problem with it is I've lost it! I mean how do you lose a 1/72 Vulcan bomber....??!! 🤣

Keith

Ha, brilliant Keith. Ok, you win with a 36 year build.

• Haha 1

Thats really nice!

You and I must have similar tastes as I have an EJ10 90% finished and a half finished Heller 1/12 JS11 that I put a lot of work in to on another forum.

Do you have any pics of your JS11 you care to post?

Malc.

4 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Thats really nice!

You and I must have similar tastes as I have an EJ10 90% finished and a half finished Heller 1/12 JS11 that I put a lot of work in to on another forum.

Do you have any pics of your JS11 you care to post?

Malc.

Hello Malc. I think we have spoken before on F1M website regarding the JS11, you sent me a load of reference material which was very good of you. I'm just preparing some photos of my JS11, so far, and will post shortly in a WIP.

Tony

53 minutes ago, Malc2 said:

I hope your trouble with exhausts has been resolved!

I should get back to my Ligier, but there are a few others to finish first.

M.

Thank you Malc.

Hmm, exhausts a little better but not completely resolved. Just posted a load of progress photos in Vehicle Work in progress. Look forward to your honest appraisal.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, kapam said:

Very nice indeed!

Clearly the machine you have replicated ended up in the gravel trap at least once.

Nice idea; I would not have thought of it!

:clap2:

Well, there's always a bit of dirt on the tyres, even just being wheeled through the pitlane. Thank you for your comment. Some might say my ridiculous attention to detail is a bit OCD.

12 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

Seriously puts my F189 to shame 🤣 , can’t say I’ve ever seen that kit , what make its it ?

Have you posted any photos of your F189? It's a Modeler's resin/white metal and photoetch production, pretty rare, I think. Don't forget, photos can be deceptive...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, modelbautony said:

Some might say my ridiculous attention to detail is a bit OCD

But that's why many of us are modellers, right? 😉

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Great result on an awsome car. I remember seeing Damon Hill take Jordans first victory at Spa in the 198. Great inspiration for the Revell Jordan 197 in my stash

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NFR said:

Great result on an awsome car. I remember seeing Damon Hill take Jordans first victory at Spa in the 198. Great inspiration for the Revell Jordan 197 in my stash

Thank you NFR, that's the greatest compliment to say you are inspired. Good luck with your 197, post progress on here.

• Like 1