15 hours ago, Andy J said:

Another cracking update John excellent detail work 👏 👌 

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

Great looking Sherman, John !!

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Great work John, almost looks as if you've done this sort of work before....

Atb

Many thanks for the comments. The encouragement helps a lot.. This build is never going to be 100% accurate, as the items down the side (especially the stowage bins) are out of position to a certain degree. This is mainly to do with the fact that the jerry can holders are wider than those in the drawings, both the Dragon ones and the Eduard etched ones.

John.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Really nice John, love the work you have done with the PE on the stowage boxes, really excellent...

Ed

Many thanks Ed. I must admit that PE is not my most favourite material. It's more of a necessary evil!

John.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

The detail additions on this one are stunning John. It's probably a way off yet, but can't wait to see some IDF paint on her!

Terry

Thanks Terry. Much appreciated. As to paint, I'm thinking, I'll have it ready in time for Telford next year. Think of my building speed as being akin to the gestation period of an elephant🐘.

John.

• Haha 1

As the base kit is an M4A3, there are no grouser vents, so a rummage through my stash of cannibalised Shermans threw up a nice couple from the Dragon M51 kit, complete with retaining bolts and etched mesh.

d70d7dfd-deee-4d37-bf1d-5884e98393f2.JPG 403f6ba9-c937-4bbf-8f46-500592de88df.JPG

These tanks had the shovel attached to the side of the hull, and this one in particular, used a slightly different shovel, namely one with a T handle, as opposed to a D handle. So, once again, the Dragon kit came to my aid, and I reshaped the blade, and cut off the shaft. I attached a new shaft made from 40 thou rod. To give it a bit of strength, I drilled each piece with a .4mm bit and inserted a small piece of copper wire, before super gluing them together. New handle glued to the top.

3417f1a6-202e-4363-be03-5b6f1363abab.JPG

Two more jerry can holders in place, along with the shovel and bracket on the side of the hull made from card. Etched brass items are from the Eduard set.

b1d73173-dc08-4407-968e-c36217849cfa.JPG

Just the pioneer tools and two stowage bins left, and then I can move onto the front of the tank.

Thanks for looking.

John.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

Great work again John 👏 👍 

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

More great detail added, superb workmanship as always

Stay safe           Roger

Many thanks to both of you. Don't think that I'll get anything else done until the weekend as I'll be on my knees, tiling the utility floor. I can hear my back moaning even before I start.:crying:

John.

• Sad 1

Not a lot to show, as some of it is a duplicate of the other side.

All of the pioneer tools added on the RHS, though in slightly different places to those on the original Easy 8s. I positioned them using the drawings in the book which doesn’t show a sledge hammer, but in one of the photo, it’s shown on the LHS of the upper hull.

a5a46de1-53d1-4f13-b57b-e7f74eb1a293.JPG

Two stowage bins added, complete with PE additions, and the final jerry can holder and fender extension supports.

d15a14a3-b7de-449f-beb4-50d0943b2846.JPG

edc15291-bdda-44aa-86b8-b79e13a8ee5d.JPG

Sledge hammer added. I had to cut the handle off and glue it on the other side, as the PE bracket would have been in the wrong place.

bd544027-755e-4fe5-bbac-5efd1bedb1e4.JPG

I may add some tie downs alongside the retaining straps by the tools, if I can summon up the enthusiasm. Then it'll be onto the front of the tank.

As always, thanks for looking, and for any comments.

John.

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Not a lot to show, as some of it is a duplicate of the other side.

All of the pioneer tools added on the RHS, though in slightly different places to those on the original Easy 8s. I positioned them using the drawings in the book which doesn’t show a sledge hammer, but in one of the photo, it’s shown on the LHS of the upper hull.

a5a46de1-53d1-4f13-b57b-e7f74eb1a293.JPG

Two stowage bins added, complete with PE additions, and the final jerry can holder and fender extension supports.

d15a14a3-b7de-449f-beb4-50d0943b2846.JPG

edc15291-bdda-44aa-86b8-b79e13a8ee5d.JPG

Sledge hammer added. I had to cut the handle off and glue it on the other side, as the PE bracket would have been in the wrong place.

bd544027-755e-4fe5-bbac-5efd1bedb1e4.JPG

I may add some tie downs alongside the retaining straps by the tools, if I can summon up the enthusiasm. Then it'll be onto the front of the tank.

As always, thanks for looking, and for any comments.

John.

Another cracking update John the details are superb 👌 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Andy J said:

What he just said!

Looks suitably busy, with a little assistance from that pesky pe!

Nice work John.

Atb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Andy J said:

13 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

What he just said!

Looks suitably busy, with a little assistance from that pesky pe!

Nice work John.

Atb

13 hours ago, Longbow said:

Looks great John !! 

Wonderful detail !!

12 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Great work John, love your attention to detail.

Wayne

11 hours ago, Hamden said:

What ALL those above said!

Stay safe   Roger

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

:ditto: :D

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really do appreciate them, and Darryl, you're right. PE!! Sheeesh! Nuf said.

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1