16 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up John,

Simply supberb 👍

Regards,.

Steve

Aye up Steve. Thanks very much for the comment.

John.

14 hours ago, Hamden said:

Stunning looking Sherman John, the end is in site now

Stay safe       Roger

Cheers Roger and thanks. Yes, not too much to do now. This has been a long one. I think that I'll look for something a bit simpler next build.

John.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vytautas said:

Seconded! Looks really cool, especially all the little details that add reality. 👍

Vytautas

13 hours ago, Andy J said:

Great work John looks awesome 👌 👏 👍 

10 hours ago, edjbartos said:

It's looking really good John, its coming together nicely, it will look great when finished..

Ed

Thanks for all your comments. I really do appreciate the feed back.

John.

12 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

That's looks really good John.  That 5 on the LHS of the turret couldn't be more awkwardly placed, so you have done a great job with that.

Wayne

32 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Looks brilliant John, the decals look really good, nice and opaque.

Great work, as we've come to expect!

Atb

Darryl 

Many thanks to you both. The decals are not bad, apart from the barrel stripes. They're actually made by the Italian firm, Cartograph, so they should be good. You're right about the left hand "5". That was definitely the worst place for it to go, due to the awkward shapes and the slots surrounding the pistol port. On reflection, a combination of of hand painting and decal would have been better.

John.

• Like 3

Looking great John. Those decals look great.

I agree that the next bit detail and weathering) is the real enjoyable part for me also. Even the most subtle additions make a difference.

Terry

• Thanks 1

Just spent a very pleasant hour or so catching up with some superb modelling here John - which has resulted in a magnificent looking tank! I do like an IDF Sherman and you've almost inspired me to dig out my long stalled Dragon ''Super Sherman'' from its box of shame - but it wouldn't end up looking anywhere near as good as yours, so I think I'll just go back to the latest aeroplane model I'm working on - far less fiddly (and I still don't think I'm ready to glue all the guide horns onto the tracks, the cause of the stall in the first place!)

Looking forward to the next update!

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

. I think that I'll look for something a bit simpler next build.

"DD" would be good John or have you already built one?

Stay safe        Roger

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Looking great John. Those decals look great.

I agree that the next bit detail and weathering) is the real enjoyable part for me also. Even the most subtle additions make a difference.

Terry

Hi Terry, and thanks. Yes, once items such as the mantlet cover take on a different shade, it does start to come to life, instead of being monochrome.

John.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Just spent a very pleasant hour or so catching up

Very nice of you to say so Keith. Thank you. When you say the Dragon "Super Sherman", I assume that you are talking about their M51. It represents the last version of the M51, which the Israelis called a Dalet (D), or batch 4. The problem with the kit (and it' the same for the Academy kit), is that the muzzle brake is way too big. Your better off getting the Tamiya kit. I've got both the Dragon and Academy kits, and use them for spares.

John.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

"DD" would be good John or have you already built one?

It would definitely like to do a DD if one of the injection moulded producers were to bring one out. The Resicast one is way too expensive for me, when you take into account the other extras needed, such as etch and decals etc. Maybe one day someone will produce one instead of yet another Tiger/Panther.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

When you say the Dragon "Super Sherman", I assume that you are talking about their M51

Hello John, I'm no expert but the box says it's an M50 'Super Sherman' - it's this particular kit;

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/cyber-hobby-9122-m50-super-sherman--134798

As a very part time armour modeller and having spent way over my pocket money limit on car and aeroplane kits post 'non-Telford', much as I'd love to get the Tamiya kit, I think I'd best leave it for now! :)

Keith

Ah! The M50. A completely different kettle of fish. That is quite a good kit, but again with some anomalies. One of them is quite minor (the lower hull is about 1.5mm too short on early issues of the kit. They corrected it on later issues), but the second is more noticeable, ie; the turret bustle is slightly the wrong shape. It's easily fixed though. If you look here at an early version that I built with VVSS units, you'll see the problem.

HTHs.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Merry Christmas John, hope you had a good one and perhaps a little addition to the stash?

Stay safe and all the best for the holidays.

Darryl 

Hi Darryl. Thank you very much, and I hope that your Christmas Day was enjoyable for you and yours. Ours was very quiet, just Mrs. B and myself and the haunted fish tank. No prezzies. We don't seem to do that any more, but come the New Year, there are a few traders who will be getting an order or two.

ATB.

John. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi John. Sorry, very late to the party! Looks like you have been doing your usual excellent work with your attention to detail as sharp as ever! Fantastic work!

Kind regards,

Stix

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi John. Sorry, very late to the party! Looks like you have been doing your usual excellent work with your attention to detail as sharp as ever! Fantastic work!

Kind regards,

Stix

'Evening Stix, and thanks for your comments. I've not touched this for about three weeks now. I've been sitting here trying to figure out which kit to build for the Pz.lll build. I've got the (very old) Dragon M/N, but it really is a bit of a dog in places. You can trace it's history back to Gunze Sangyo, back in the '80s. I'm not prepeared to spend money on this, just to sort out it's problems, so I'm looking for something in 1/48th from Tamiya. Still looking at the moment.

Stay safe, and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

John.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Cerberus said:

A very nice build, and a build log that's very interesting to read through :)

Thanks Cerberus. I'm hoping to get back to the build soon. I've lost one of the key parts.....enthusiasm! Once I've found it, I'll get cracking again.

John.